+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leak Stereo 70

I'm Dan.

Default Leak Stereo 70

Hi Guys

Well as you know picked up a Stereo 70 & fetic tuner with Teak sleeve during the week with test theirs distortion on the left channel today i inspected and found the leaking PSI capacitors so its of for a full restoration i think at £20 each for the 2 its worth investing the money to get it up on running after a good 25 years sat the last owner said i will update thread ones all is done work not being done by me

Thanks Guys PS any experiences with the ST 70 its a heavy amplifier for its size....still wish we kept the Stereo 20 we had about 6 years ago...

Thanks
    Daniel
    Amplifier & Graphic EQ
    Kenwood A65 with GE 850 Graphic EQ
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Wharfedale Diamond 9.0

I'm dave.

HI this is a link to the Delta 70 amp (face lift version of the stereo 70 ) https://elektrotanya.com/leak_delta-.../download.html

I have both of these amps and they are a good workhorse

Dave
    Any tool can be used as a hammer but a screwdriver makes the best chisel

I'm nigel.

I owned Stereo 70 in the mid 80s, bought on a whim from a junk shop of the type long extinct.
    I well remember purchasing the unit, in pristine condition with a unmarked teak sleeve and pretty comprehensive manual.

I was drawn to the unit mainly because of its price...10 quid...remember this was before the vintage market existed, in those days cheap British gear was almost unsellable.
    I knew nothing of the brand back then (no interwebs and magazine coverage) but was immediately impressed by the build quality and weight.
    At the time my erm, amp was a awful little Hitachi thing with LED power meters ran by a STK module....sounded shit but was all I could afford.

The leak was a revelation, very understated looks but great sound for a tenner.
    Due to the rubbish speakersockets I spent quite a time whittling matchsticks to jam my thin cable into place and the close spacing of the RCA sockets were not a issue for my giveaway cables.
    Finally changed it when a cheap NAD 3130 appeared in the same junk shop.....

Happy days.

I'm Adam.

I've always liked the Stereo 70, personally - it's a fine amp. Dont dismiss the Stereofectic, either - a vastly under-rated tuner IMHO.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread