+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Radio Paradise FLAC

I'm Alastair.

Post Radio Paradise FLAC

May be I am slow, Radio Paradise has launched a FLAC service accessible from their iPhone and Android Apps, and Michael Herger has created a plug-in for LMS. Radio Paradise say they will provide access via their new web player in Feb 2018 and a FLAC stream sometime after that.

I have successfully used it on my RPI3/PiCorePlayer running LMS & a Squeezebox Radio both synchronised and controlled from the Squeeze Control app on my Android phone. The sound is really a step-up from the 320K stream. Its really worth trying out if you have not done so already.
    Regards

Alastair

RPi3/Digione & piCorePlayer, Ankaka Battery -> Beresford Caiman SEG DAC -> Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Van Damme Interconnects

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I agree.
    The FLAC stream is streets ahead in the sound quality stakes.
    Chris

Once we've made sense of our world, we wanna go fuck up everybody else's because his or her truth doesn't match mine. But this is the problem. Truth is individual calculation. Which means because we all have different perspectives, there isn't one singular truth, is there?

I'm Jerry.

Yep, I have been using it for a while and love it. It prompted me to send RP 30 bucks and I think I will send the same every year.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Croft Series 7 power amp and a Standac. Squeezebox Touch
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Dave.

Default Radio Paradise FLAC

Thank you all for the information. It is a superb station with good music and excellent sound quality. I have downloaded the app on to my iPhone and will download the Android version to my FiiO X7II, for streaming.

I'm malcolm.

Cheers Alistair - just set it up on my Vortexbox.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Rich.

Good news. Well spotted.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Big fan of RP and support it.
    Listen to a high quality "Naim Exclusive" (apparently) stream, but look forward to the Web Player in Feb so I can punch the URL into Roon and listen to it propa like.
    I have hifi n stuff.

+ Reply to Thread