+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Radio Paradise FLAC

I'm Alastair.

Post Radio Paradise FLAC

May be I am slow, Radio Paradise has launched a FLAC service accessible from their iPhone and Android Apps, and Michael Herger has created a plug-in for LMS. Radio Paradise say they will provide access via their new web player in Feb 2018 and a FLAC stream sometime after that.

I have successfully used it on my RPI3/PiCorePlayer running LMS & a Squeezebox Radio both synchronised and controlled from the Squeeze Control app on my Android phone. The sound is really a step-up from the 320K stream. Its really worth trying out if you have not done so already.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I agree.
    The FLAC stream is streets ahead in the sound quality stakes.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Jerry.

Yep, I have been using it for a while and love it. It prompted me to send RP 30 bucks and I think I will send the same every year.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Dave.

Default Radio Paradise FLAC

Thank you all for the information. It is a superb station with good music and excellent sound quality. I have downloaded the app on to my iPhone and will download the Android version to my FiiO X7II, for streaming.

I'm malcolm.

Cheers Alistair - just set it up on my Vortexbox.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Rich.

Good news. Well spotted.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Gary.

Big fan of RP and support it.
    Listen to a high quality "Naim Exclusive" (apparently) stream, but look forward to the Web Player in Feb so I can punch the URL into Roon and listen to it propa like.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread