+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Denon 103SA

I'm paul.

I don't know what you are paying for Duracell 9v batteries but on eBay there are lithium ion 9v batteries for sale and also rechargeable 4 at £19
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    Hi Jim
    Actually I keep flipping between the Kontrapunkt b and a Denon DL103R and like them both very much

Alan
    Funny the Denon DL103R has been on my radar, easily available and fairly cheap.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    The DL-103R is not bad, but the Goldring Eroica LX is much more fun and more musical and there's not a huge difference in price. And it can be serviced in this country by the maker. I've owned them both.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The DL-103R is not bad, but the Goldring Eroica LX is much more fun and more musical and there's not a huge difference in price. And it can be serviced in this country by the maker. I've owned them both.
    Is the Goldring a better compliance match to a low/medium mass tonearm than the Denon?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Bigman80 Guest

I've text you Jim

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Don't do it, mate. It's not the direction you want to go in. Trust me

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Don't do it, mate. It's not the direction you want to go in. Trust me

Marco.
    My preference really at the moment is a DL S1, but will this work in a medium mass arm? I can add some mass to the head shell. I think Ali tait was correct in mentioning sometime back that the real area to nail with the S1 is the head amp and he got good results in a Mission 774 tonearm!

Bigman80 Guest

I have been told by two people that they sold their DL S1 and bought a AT-ART7 when they heard it. I'd love to be in the position to try both.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    Keeping with my theme of a new cartridge every 2 months i've been reading up about the classic denon 103 cartridge,it has caught my interest lately and after reading countless threads i thought id give one a try.
    so today arrived a brand new and still sealed denon 103 sa.

i carefully cut the tape to reveal this,a lovely quality wooden box.

using my excited fingers i opened up to have a peek inside

well based on presentation alone it looks lovely,im hoping the denon sound is for me,ive been having a tough time lately on the analogue front so fingers crossed i'll be at peace for a while with this one!
    ive bought a lentek head amp to go with it which should be here early next week,in the meantime i will try it using the nakamichi's mc stage.
    more to come.........
    How much was it?

I'm Geoff.

My preference really at the moment is a DL S1, but will this work in a medium mass arm? I can add some mass to the head shell. I think Ali tait was correct in mentioning sometime back that the real area to nail with the S1 is the head amp and he got good results in a Mission 774 tonearm!
    The DL-S1 is a gorgeous cartridge with a beautifully refined treble. I've never understood those who insist on more boutique designs; this is a £2k cart from elsewhere easily!

It works in medium mass arms well. I had it in an RB1000 and an OL Conqueror with great success. I even had it in an N.A. Ace Anna.

I currently use an AT Art-1. I preferred it to the DL-S1 but I could live with either forever. I preferred the slightly more dynamic approach of the ART but many would prefer the slightly more polite DL-S1.

I have not heard the Art-7 .
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast