+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Q Acoustics 3050 speaker

I'm Grant.

well they are analogue in a way
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm steve.

My apologies, being a newbie I'm a bit unsure about what should go where on the forum, no doubt I'll get used to it eventually.
    Checked out the extra stabilisers with QA, they quoted £15 each but they didn't say if that included postage or not.
    Did an AB test this afternoon with my QA 2020i and my Jordan Eikona 2 VTLs, the comparison was interesting but didn't throw up any surprises, one thing it did confirm is what excellent sound per pound you get with the QAs, considering the 10x price differential the SQ is certainly in the same ball park. With the QAs there is a slight but obvious tilt towards HF and a lack of low end weight and extension compared to the Jordans which is to be expected, I also noticed a slight clouding in the midrange with the QAs which might to some degree explain their better handling of less than perfect recordings, I get the feeling this could be a crossover effect, the Jordans lack of a crossover being beneficial here to improve transparency. The other possibility is it could be a cabinet effect and perhaps the reason for the development of the Concept 20's high tech cabinet design.
    It will be interesting to audition the 3050s in the near future and perhaps the Concept 20's as well, the latter could be a lower cost option if I can't quite run to the cost of the 3050s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm nigel.

As noted above, the Q binding posts seem to be very critical of banana plugs.
    I have a pair of Q2050i's which at first had problems with my fancy goldplated plugs.
    They seemed to drop out at the slightest provocation...as the posts are located under the speakers this was a mayor hassle.
    Good idea in the showroom but God what a bind during setup...especially if you elect to use the spikes, which REALLY tighten up the bottom end.

I resolved this issue with shorter plugs from maplins, didn't even know they existed....a nice tight fit.....oh missus etc.

Location: Dutch now living in Milton Keynes in the United Kingdom

I'm Rob.

I just used the Wire clamp on the 3050's works fine.
    Streaming music from macbook via usb, to a musical fidelity V90 dac, to a Nobsound ns-01P tube pre amp with jj ecc803s gold pin to poweramp arcam Alpha 8 power amp to Q Acoustics 3050 floor standers.
    Favourite music progressive rock.

I'm steve.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Right-...0AAOSwv0tVf5p2

Try these that I use, never had one fall out yet, in fact you have to pull hard to get them out.

I'm Chris.

I just put mine on a brick and hit them lightly with a hammer until the sides splayed out a bit - not as tight as I like though (fnaaaar).

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z View Post
    My apologies, being a newbie I'm a bit unsure about what should go where on the forum, no doubt I'll get used to it eventually.
    Checked out the extra stabilisers with QA, they quoted £15 each but they didn't say if that included postage or not.
    Did an AB test this afternoon with my QA 2020i and my Jordan Eikona 2 VTLs, the comparison was interesting but didn't throw up any surprises, one thing it did confirm is what excellent sound per pound you get with the QAs, considering the 10x price differential the SQ is certainly in the same ball park. With the QAs there is a slight but obvious tilt towards HF and a lack of low end weight and extension compared to the Jordans which is to be expected, I also noticed a slight clouding in the midrange with the QAs which might to some degree explain their better handling of less than perfect recordings, I get the feeling this could be a crossover effect, the Jordans lack of a crossover being beneficial here to improve transparency. The other possibility is it could be a cabinet effect and perhaps the reason for the development of the Concept 20's high tech cabinet design.
    It will be interesting to audition the 3050s in the near future and perhaps the Concept 20's as well, the latter could be a lower cost option if I can't quite run to the cost of the 3050s.

I had a problem with the warmth of the sound but I am listening now after I adjusted the spikes but the sound is brilliant I also changed my maplins 5 meter usb cable for a one meter QED performance audio a to b graphite cable, and I can’t imagine what the van Damme cable is going to do, some of the people here find the Q Acoustics a weak link but for a budget speaker it does a hell of a job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Streaming music from macbook via usb, to a musical fidelity V90 dac, to a Nobsound ns-01P tube pre amp with jj ecc803s gold pin to poweramp arcam Alpha 8 power amp to Q Acoustics 3050 floor standers.

I'm steve.

I’ve finally decided to bite the bullet and I’ve ordered a pair of the QA 3050s, called up my local Richer Sounds only to be told they have no stock and could not give me a definitive answer as to when they’re getting some in, so I did an internet search and found another supplier selling them at the same price with free next day delivery so I’ve ordered a pair in the American Walnut finish. My order went in too late today for delivery tomorrow so they’re coming on Wednesday. Will see how I get on with the standard base spike setup before I decide whether to buy the extra outriggers for the front of the speakers. Wonder if any of the other owners who have contributed to the thread can advise if their speakers had any noticeable break in period and if so roughly how long was it, or are they spot on straight out of the box ?

I'm Rob.

Hi Steve they are not spot on straight out of the box, when we went to Richer sounds we were disappointed in the first place they promised us to run them in but they were straight out the box no stabilizers, after we changed the placing a bit they started to sound better, after an hour they sounded okay, but when I had them at home they started to sound really good after a day or three, depending on how much you listen to them.

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tube View Post
    Hi Steve they are not spot on straight out of the box, when we went to Richer sounds we were disappointed in the first place they promised us to run them in but they were straight out the box no stabilizers, after we changed the placing a bit they started to sound better, after an hour they sounded okay, but when I had them at home they started to sound really good after a day or three, depending on how much you listen to them.
    Thanks for that Rob, I’ll make sure I don’t make too early a judgment on them, the break in time will no doubt be short as I’ll probably be playing them to death when I can once they’re set up. As they’ll probably be set up in the bedroom system first I’ll probably leave them running at low level on random play to accelerate the break in when I’m not actually doing any serious listening. Should be interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast