+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Q Acoustics 3050 speaker

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm steve.

Default Q Acoustics 3050 speaker

The 3050s arrived at lunchtime today and are now setup in the bedroom, I’m certainly glad they came in separate boxes as it was a hard enough job getting one up the stairs.
    As expected, from other users comments, they didn’t sound good straight out of the box, rather thick and bloated would be the best description. Thankfully that was short lived and by the time an hour had passed they were already starting to sound very good.
    For someone like myself who has never owned a large floor stander with multiple drive units the 3050s are a bit of a culture shock, although the bass on my Jordans is tight, fast and extended there is no way it can match the punch of the 3050s twin bass drivers which can just shift so much air at low frequencies so effortlessly.
    One of the first test tracks I played was the theme tune from Twin Peaks by Angelo Badalamenti, the melody is played quite forcefully on electric bass guitar, to my amazement I noticed that there was a low level kick drum underlying the bass guitar, none of my previous speakers ever managed to pick that kick drum out, impressive !! They aren’t just about the bass as the midband and treble aren’t too shabby either, although as expected the 3050s can’t match the midband transparency of my Jordans, but then again very few speakers can. The treble is sweet and clean and not overly prominent.
    Being out of the house for the rest of the day till late I’ve left the 3050s playing on shuffle play to help run them in a bit more so no doubt they could sound better when I next have a listen. Just as a matter of interest the low frequency sweep test shows the 3050s bass cutoff in my room is at about 35hz which I think is low enough to satisfy most bass heads.
    I think for the money they have to be classed as a bargain, I’m happy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by steve-z; 10-01-2018 at 18:08.

+ Reply to Thread