+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ianmac bearing base plate

I'm gerald.

Default Ianmac bearing base plate

Has any one tried to make a base plate to suit a Ianmac bearing ?

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    Has any one tried to make a base plate to suit a Ianmac bearing ?
    I don't know if any gains are to be had with one. I maybe wrong but with the footprint of the MN bearing and its size I can understand the reason for having one. But Ians are a standard bearing casing. Though I got great gains using one and value the work Ian puts in not sure adding a plate would make a lot of noticeable difference. Obviously this is all just talk as I don't think anyone has done it. I did get a slight difference by pouring liquid rubber into the bearing well when I used Ian bearing. This way it is reversible and not a great cost. Think it was around £19 for the rubber.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

+ Reply to Thread