+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biasing pots and where/how to measure

I'm Andrew.

I was trying to be helpful but you seem unwilling to cooperate with any useful information, so I'm finished now.

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    I was trying to be helpful but you seem unwilling to cooperate with any useful information, so I'm finished now.
    ?? Not sure how I offended you? I measured 316Mv, divided that by 10 and got 31.6Mv.
    The same when I measured the initial voltage. This is the first time I've done it, so probably not using right terminology.

I'm Will.

It looks as if that amp has no protective earth connection. If this is the case this is a far more urgent issue to rectify. Any wiring fault or insulation breakdown in the transformer will make the chassis live.

It also looks like the fuse is located between the two 120V windings which are in series, and not on the live. This is less of an urgent issue but still a problem.

It also looks as if the power switch is implemented with a TRIAC which is a bit dodgy especially given the fact that it's hanging off the live pin of the IEC inlet with no other support than solder. If am correct on both these counts the amplifier shouldn't really be used in its current state.
    Radford Revival
    www.radfordrevival.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123