+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Summer on two

I'm Shaun.

Default Summer on two

Wheels that is. Now that that Christmas shite is gone and soon to be forgotten let's get on with what comes next. Spring is in the air or at least it will be in around eight weeks and for me and numerous others it can only mean,
    the bike comes out. In my case it is the Harley that has already had its battery fully charged and the bloody chrome cleaned. All I need now is an excuse to fire it up and wander down the coast road here in Lincolnshire. I will also be visiting numerous old deserted airfields with camera at the ready looking for some old forlorn photographic image. Here's to 2018, spring, summer and autumn. Cheers.

I'm Grant.

it may mean losing a few months of my life but im with you Shaun
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm brian.

One of the beauties Shaun about living in a quieter area of the country I guess. Enjoy

I'm Shaun.

Thanks Grant, thanks Brian. Here's hoping you only have loads of good shit this year. I'll raise a glass of Scotch...!

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    One of the beauties Shaun about living in a quieter area of the country I guess. Enjoy
    Brian yes, I guess it is an advantage although job opportunities around here are a challenge. That coast road though goes on for over fifty miles and is littered with old seaside resorts. When spring is just springing it is so bloody awesome that I feel the only thing that could better the experience would be the same experience in an AC Cobra 427. Shit...!!! Dreaming again.

I'm Steve.

Nothing says "spring is here" better than your first run out on t'bike. Hopefully I can get out on it more than last year-I blame work and shit weather.

My Scottish friends both ride Harleys, a Fat Boy and a Heritage Softail, both with silencers that used to set off car alarms! I'd love one myself, but couldn't afford the full price, and couldn't bear to part with my trusty old 'Blade.

One of my best biking memories was when we came out of the Green Welly Stop at Tyndrum, and set off towards Glencoe. When I got to about sixty, my lid started lifting off my head, and I realised I hadn't fastened the strap. I stopped to fix it and when I looked to my right, there was this huge stag standing about 20 yards away, looking like a whisky bottle label, and with no fear, his eyes were saying "you're on my manor now, time you f**ked off", never even flinched when I started up the bike again. I love seeing wildlife being where it belongs.

Has anyone else got any fond biking or motoring memories?

+ Reply to Thread