+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just stopped by to say "Hi"...

I'm Robert.

Default Just stopped by to say "Hi"...

Hello to All:

My name is Bob, and I live in Seattle WA, USA. I am new to "The Art of Sound". I wanted to join as I seem to own more British high end equipment than things American, and as such, I can really use the help and expertise from people who have been around certain brands, and also some brands that from which information is limited (my Lumley amps for example). My music tastes are eclectic so there is nothing I can add to that.
    I look forward to posting and getting information back, and I already have some questions that I want to ask so expect to see me posting those soon.
    Thank you for the patience in advance as I am sure I will be asking things that might have already been addressed.

I'm Grant.

Hello Robert. Welcome to the forum. Sure there will be some info available here ..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Manny.

A warm welcome Robert, we're all happy to help

I'm Robert.

Thank you for the warm welcome. My first query is into the world of tube amps made in the U.K., and that would be those from a man named Raymond Lumley. I own a pair of Raymond Lumley Megavox Signature monoblocks. These are rated at 150 wpc into 8/4 ohm loads. It is a push-pull design with four 6550/KT88 tubes per side, with three 6SN7 tubes are drivers/splitters. I got these as a gift from my wife in 1994. She bought them from a man who moved back to the states from the UK. I have never seen another pair listed for sale or even referred to, at least no one in the USA. I know of some Lumley amps that are in the USA as a friend has a pair of 120 Reference I believe they are called.
    I am looking for any information as to what happened to Lumley and his amps, any schematics, parts (especially handles) and who knows what else. I have tried several Internet searches but I have never been able to discover much. It is almost as if these amps never existed, and since I know that they do, perhaps existed in very small numbers.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

I'm Geoff.

Hi Bob. Welcome to AOS.

There's plenty going on here and I expect members can give you opinions on any equipment you have.

I'm sure you'll like being here and participating.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Chris.

Hi Robert,

Welcome to AOS. It might be better to create a post in the Blank Canvas section for your query - I think it will get more attention there.

Have fun!

Chris

+ Reply to Thread