+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mains cable recommendations for Rega Aria phono stage

I'm Sanjoy.

Default Mains cable recommendations for Rega Aria phono stage

Hi

I’m looking to upgrade the mains/iec lead to my Rega Aria phono stage, I already have a couple of naim powerline lite cables on my cd5si and xs2 so would happily buy another.. but are there any others I should consider?

Rega have a reference cable - anyone any experience?

I'm Dave.

If you believe that mains cables make a difference, then the Rega mains lead is very good and reasonably priced.

I'm Neil.

I just use LAPP Olflex. I do have a couple of freebie cables that I use from LFD and Black Rhodium, but really, I'd be happy using all-LAPP power cables...
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    If you believe that mains cables make a difference, then the Rega mains lead is very good and reasonably priced.
    I agree. Also periodic cleaning of plug pins and fuse is quite worthwhile although a little tiresome. I found that better quality fuses also help........but don't go overboard
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Paul.

While I have heard differences with mains filters, regenerators and isolation transformers, I have not yet heard a difference with mains cables unless they are used at the source of noise. To me mains conditioning in hifi is often used arse about face.

Personally I think that filters, ferrites and other rfi/emi blocking should be used to stop noise getting onto the mains, not to stop it getting into equipment. By this I mean using ferrites on boiler and appliance mains leads, filters used on things with smps power supplies and then a separate mains block for equipment with linear supplies.
    ~Paul~

I'm Shaun.

Yeah Sue and I have tried a few different types of mains cables and to be really honest we haven't come up with anything radical in terms of sound quality. There was/is so much debate on this we decided to do our own tests.
    We also tried different interconnects and loudspeaker cables too and these were much more obvious in the effect they were having. So nothing scientific in our approach as we only used our ears to gauge a difference in sound and detail/tone but at least we both heard the difference and noted pretty much the same effects.

One thing we rejected immediately though was the loudspeaker cable by Van Damme that did not like our power amplifier at all. The cable in question was the 4mm blue braided cable. As soon as we swapped to our current Van Den Hul Teatrack everything was OK again.

So, not at all convinced by mains cables but completely open minded on all others.

I'm gone.

I've tried quite a few audiophile mains cables and they all have different sound characteristics imo.

These fairly recent Belden-wired cables are the best I have tried - clarity, dynamics - and they are far from the most expensive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belden-193...53.m1438.l2649

I'm tony.

Mark Grant does very good cables at good prices.

I have used his power and ICs for years-yet to hear anything that has bettered them.

Ive done quite a bit of power cable experimentation, wires/plugs/fuses.....MGs are spot on.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Mark Grant does very good cables at good prices.

I have used his power and ICs for years-yet to hear anything that has bettered them.

Ive done quite a bit of power cable experimentation, wires/plugs/fuses.....MGs are spot on.
    +1 - Quality at not daft money.

I have this one https://markgrant.co.uk/mains-power/...wer-cable.html on the end of my Paul Hynes SR7 power supply which powers my Techie.
    Really nicely made as standard.
    I did fit a Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plug with Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic fuse just to match the rest of my system but as I say, it comes with a nice plug and decent Bussman gold plated fuse anyway.

A no brainer for the money and a great reco' from Marco
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

Yep, Mark Grant makes well made cables and don't cost the earth.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast