+ Reply to Thread

Thread: B&O Beogram 1500 repair advice

I'm Drew.

Default B&O Beogram 1500 repair advice

Hi

My father has a beogram 1500 (amp integrated early version) that we are looking to repair. The unit powers on (red light) but the turntable doesn't move. Having trawled the internet for advice it appears the motor/hardened lubrication may be the issue. Does anyone have any experience with this problem and advice on the best way to resolve it? Many thanks
    Last edited by da2222; 03-01-2018 at 16:01.

I'm Shane.

You may find this useful.

https://elektrotanya.com/bang_olufse.../download.html

first suggestion though, take off the platter and see if the motor moves freely when you turn it by hand. If it doesn’t, then you’re right, that’s your problem. If it does, it isn’t. Nice little unit though, worth a bit of attention.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Adam.

Is the belt in place and undamaged? The motor slowing down with age and hardening lubrication is a common issue in these but it’s rare for them to stop completely.

If it is the motor then they can be repaired, but it’s a bit of a sod to do!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Drew.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. The belt is intact and when spun manually, at least, the turntable seems to move smoothly. As such, I imagine the motor is the issue. I do have the service manual but am unsure what steps to follow to attempt repair- any tips would be greatly received. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread