+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [FS] Firebottle Air Hybrid Power Amp - Dual Mono

I'm Richie.

Sold!

Bigman80 Guest

I'll be really interested in you thoughts on this Jerry.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Simon.

Same here and very glad Jerry brought this before my will power failed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Source: Thorens TD124 Rega RB300, Sumiko bluepoint No2., Cambridge Audio D500 Special Edition CDP, Squeeze box Touch, PC with Trends Audio USB Audio DAC UD-10 Amplification: Croft Micro 25 basic pre, Leak Stereo 20, Trends Audio Class T TA-10, Fisher X100-A Speakers:Impulse H6 Interconnects: Handmade silver and TNT audio CAT5 speaker cables

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I'll be really interested in you thoughts on this Jerry.
    Me, too.

I'm Neil.

The AIR can be converted into a Dual Mono which is very beneficial. This was a fairly recent discovery after Alan decided to sell his Monoblocks to me and then made a Dual mono from an AIR he still had.

They are very very good and possibly as good as The Monoblocks but no side by side has been done.

This is a very good price for a very very good amp. An astute purchase for someone.

Is there much difference sq wise with the Air being Duel Mono?
    I have the Air, not sure if it's the Duel Mono version or not.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Moses View Post
    Is there much difference sq wise with the Air being Duel Mono?
    I have the Air, not sure if it's the Duel Mono version or not.
    It wasn't night and day when we tested it but the Dual mono did seem to have the edge in adhesion and coherence. More control and resolution improved BUT it largely depends on the surrounding kit and the Valves in the unit itself. I think the best thing to do is have a chat with Alan about his thoughts on whether a Dual Mono conversion is worth it for you.

I'd also ensure upgrading the Valves happened too. I have PC88 Telefunkens in my Monoblocks which sound divine. I also know that the valve type is different in the Dual mono so that would be my priority.

It may be worth getting Alan to convert it to Dual Monos with PC88 NOS Telefunkens (£30 per pair) and see what you think.

I'm Richie.

I thought the channel separation and detail was def improved, but my ears are painted on...

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by martian sunrise View Post
    I thought the channel separation and detail was def improved, but my ears are painted on...
    No, you're quite right. It generally improves the entire sound but quantification of such improvement is difficult to relay. I can't imagine it'll cost a fortune to have it modded.

I'm Neil.

It wasn't night and day when we tested it but the Dual mono did seem to have the edge in adhesion and coherence. More control and resolution improved BUT it largely depends on the surrounding kit and the Valves in the unit itself. I think the best thing to do is have a chat with Alan about his thoughts on whether a Dual Mono conversion is worth it for you.

I'd also ensure upgrading the Valves happened too. I have PC88 Telefunkens in my Monoblocks which sound divine. I also know that the valve type is different in the Dual mono so that would be my priority.

It may be worth getting Alan to convert it to Dual Monos with PC88 NOS Telefunkens (£30 per pair) and see what you think.

Thanks for the advice Oliver appreciate it

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Moses View Post
    Thanks for the advice Oliver appreciate it
    No worries!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast