+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD LP12/Arm/Cartridge

I'm Robert.

Default WTD LP12/Arm/Cartridge

Looking for a complete LP12 set up. Must be in great condition - I am a bit fussy when it comes to this.

I am looking for something that is as much a plug and play deck as these things can be so if it has had a recent service/set up all the better.

I've looked to pick one of these up a few times but never had the "courage" to go fork out the cash.

Budget is an absolute maximum of £1,200 - less is better naturally!

A long shot I know but it is an itch I have wanted to scratch for a long, long time.

I'm Robert.

Still on the look out.....

I'm Chris.

Hi Robert,

I was in a similar situation to you last September and came to the conclusion that buying an LP12 from ebay or the like was a bit of a lottery and not necessarily any cheaper. You might get a good one..or you might not and it will almost certainly need setting up properly by someone who knows what they are doing. I almost gave up looking until by complete chance I spotted an advert in the Offers page on Cymbiosis's website where they offer to build an LP12 to a budget you specify. (https://www.cymbiosis.com/product/li...osis-build/).I should ignore the indicative price as I have seen posts from Cymbiosis on the Linn forum for less.

Anyway some four months later I am the proud owner of a used LP12/Cirkus/Valhalla/Basik Plus/AT95e which I bought from them. I have to say I am delighted with it and the buying experience with Peter Swain was first class and more like an education than a transaction. Peter even sent me photos of the various build stages and spent over two hours with me showing me the finer points of the set up and demoing it too.

I just thought I would mention it as a possible alternative source and hope this helps you. Here is wishing you good luck with your search!

cheers

Chris

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm123 View Post
    Hi Robert,

I was in a similar situation to you last September and came to the conclusion that buying an LP12 from ebay or the like was a bit of a lottery and not necessarily any cheaper. You might get a good one..or you might not and it will almost certainly need setting up properly by someone who knows what they are doing. I almost gave up looking until by complete chance I spotted an advert in the Offers page on Cymbiosis's website where they offer to build an LP12 to a budget you specify. (https://www.cymbiosis.com/product/li...osis-build/).I should ignore the indicative price as I have seen posts from Cymbiosis on the Linn forum for less.

Anyway some four months later I am the proud owner of a used LP12/Cirkus/Valhalla/Basik Plus/AT95e which I bought from them. I have to say I am delighted with it and the buying experience with Peter Swain was first class and more like an education than a transaction. Peter even sent me photos of the various build stages and spent over two hours with me showing me the finer points of the set up and demoing it too.

I just thought I would mention it as a possible alternative source and hope this helps you. Here is wishing you good luck with your search!

cheers

Chris
    Chris,

Thanks for this - it’s very useful.

I will drop Cymbiosis a line over the weekend and see what they can come with.

As you say an eBay LP12 is very much a lottery - a potentially very expensive one at that.

Thanks again,

Rob

+ Reply to Thread