+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Phono stage for an LP12

I'm Martin.

Thanks for that but, as ridiculous as it sounds, I can't consider anything that doesn't have all its connectivity at the rear. I have enough problems with cable management as it is

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty38 View Post
    Thanks for that but, as ridiculous as it sounds, I can't consider anything that doesn't have all its connectivity at the rear. I have enough problems with cable management as it is
    I can understand that given the number of boxes we have.
    It is a small box 16 x 9 x 5 cms which tucks behind a unit/ rack really easily.
    GyroDec 2M Black, Amplification: Luxman 505ux.
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth HL-K6

Project Carbon 2M Blue, Receiver: Teac CR H500, Loudspeakers: B&W CDM 1NT

I'm Martin.

THIS
    http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/t.../#post-3279650
    I had one of these a while back....very good and very flexible for future upgrades
    Tangerine LP12,Naim Aro, Benz Wood
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura & Elixir Dac,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP100 MC
    SiriuS D100
    Quad FM4,RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    HSM with re capped Mundorf Supreme and Atlas rewire
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Robert.

I used to have an LP12. Got tired of the maintenance so I am with a Rega RP-6 now. With both I am using (or used) an Icon Audio PS-2 if you like tubes in your phonostage.
    Just a thought....

I'm Martin.

Quick update...

Firstly many thanks to all the folk that made offers of kit and advice which were all very much appreciated!

I went to see Mark Sears at Vinyl Passion today and have agreed a couple of upgrades on my LP12 plus the purchase of a Vincent valve phono stage. I listened to it all at his place and was extremely happy with it all. I accept I haven't listened to some of the others advised on here but really pleased with my decision.

Top bloke and marvellous place!

I'm Mike.

I'll add Whest !

From cheaper 2nd hand, James' own refurbs as well as stratospheric priced super jobbies
    Technics 1210, MCRU Linear PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. LP12/Aro/Lyra Dorian, Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, Ortofon ST80SE SUT, Rega Isis CD, Marigo Labs Clear Transformation CD mat, Belles VT-01 MK II Pre Amp, Belles MB200 Mono Power Amps, TAD E1 speakers. Creaktiv racks, Mains Cables: Coherent, MCRU Ultimate, Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz, TQ. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent socket

Mike

I'm Simon.

Quick update...

Firstly many thanks to all the folk that made offers of kit and advice which were all very much appreciated!

I went to see Mark Sears at Vinyl Passion today and have agreed a couple of upgrades on my LP12 plus the purchase of a Vincent valve phono stage. I listened to it all at his place and was extremely happy with it all. I accept I haven't listened to some of the others advised on here but really pleased with my decision.

Top bloke and marvellous place!
    Great choice, the Vincent stages are very good. Like i said, i tried quite a few and these came top of my list. That valve amp looks amazing also!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234