+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phono stage for an LP12

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty38 View Post
    Thanks for this, I had looked at the Mani too... Choices, choices
    ive had both. in fact still use my emotiva. but both are top quality for the money especially on mm, although not too shabby on mc too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Hi Martin

I am using a basic Croft RIAA ,simple,smooth MM only.I liked it so much I have now swapped to all Croft amplification.

Regards

Dave

I'm Dave.

Good call..

I'm Martin.

Price is rising....

I'm Geoff.

Price is rising....
    Not necessarily.

The new Cambridge Audio CP2 MM/MC phono stage at £150 has been receiving very positive comments. https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/gbr/e...ono-stages/cp2

And there's the MM only, CP1 at £120. https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/gbr/e...ono-stages/cp1

I'm Dave.

What is your budget, then ?

I'm Martin.

I said price is rising as I looked at the Croft and from what I could see it was £500 for the least costly version.

My budget was in the ballpark of the 3 devices I first mentioned so up to about £200. I could spend more but I just wanted to "get it up and running". I didn't really want to go cheaper than cheap and end up listening to a load of old rubbish but at the same time I have no real need to spend a fortune.

Am I in the right ballpark at that?

Also it's interesting that the stages I mentioned in my first post don't seem to have had any comment, is that just how it is or are they not regarded that strongly at this level?

Thanks for all the feedback so far, all very interesting!

I'm Grant.

not tried any of the 3 you mentioned but doubt they will be better than the 2 i mentioned. you never know tho
    at well under 200 the mani is hard to beat
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Also it's interesting that the stages I mentioned in my first post don't seem to have had any comment, is that just how it is or are they not regarded that strongly at this level?
    Post #6?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Martin.

Apologies I did see that and should have said "much" comment.. Are you saying that would be your choice over the others I mentioned and those that have been suggested by other folk since?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast