+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boot Sale HIFI 2018

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    which colour would sound best?

Rainbow
    I like the sound of that, as long as it goes well with magnolia.

I've had a good search on ebay, but no luck so far. Must be one of those obscure colours, like taupe or cerise. I'm off to B&Q in the morning for a left-handed screwdriver, so I'll try there.

I may be thick, but I'm also persistent
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Well if you can't find rainbow paint, what about tartan?

I'm Steve.

I've heard tartan speakers only sound good when listening to Runrig or Big Country. I could try wrapping my travel blanket around them and see how it goes. Only temporary mind, I'll want it back in the car come autumn.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    Got some mint records from the second boot sale, kicking myself for not going there first as they guy said he had sold 250 in same condition few first pressings in there and very good condition some look unplayed

20180618_170147 by Alan Towell, on Flickr
    20180618_170155 by Alan Towell, on Flickr

Alan
    Some nice stuff there.

Usually visit a couple of boot sales each weekend. What depresses me is the traders who do house clearence. This weekend there were a couple of house clearence traders who were offering someone's complete record collection (in one case the discs had numbered stickers on the top left hand side of the cover). There were several box-set operas and a lot of 10" LPs on Decca; most of the collection was classical, and it had all been cared for.

Except by the sellers: the records were just dumped on the ground, a piled flat on their back, and left in the baking sun! Very sad to see someone's record collection end up that way.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

That's bad.

I went to a record fair once, bought about 5 albums. Noticed my shoelace was untied, stuck the pile of records on a nearby table and kneeled down to tie it. As I stand up there's an old boy right there pointing at the records. 'Are these yours son?'. Then gives me a prolonged bollocking about how you should never be piling records. Couldn't get a word in edgewise.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

Today's car boot haul,

Varying degrees of condition but £15 for the Filmore was worth it alone.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Today's car boot haul,

Varying degrees of condition but £15 for the Filmore was worth it alone.
    The Steve Miller and The Band LPs are none too shabby either.
    Barry

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The Steve Miller and The Band LPs are none too shabby either.
    Yes, they are actually in decent condition too. Just cleaning them now. Thank God I bought the Okki Nokki lol.

The Bread one needs help lol not even the Okki Nokki can save that.

I'm Martin.

It's crap anyway. Otherwise, good haul.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

Lol, one for the wife mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's crap anyway. Otherwise, good haul.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast