+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doing anything for New Year's Eve?

I'm Steve.

Default Doing anything for New Year's Eve?

Just a night in with a few friends. Did the same last year and it was pathetic-fell asleep, and woke up at 12.15. This time it will be my 60th birthday, so hopefully some nice pressies to wake up to.

We've decided that next year we'll go back to our old tradition of visiting friends in Ayr, they know how to see in the New Year!

How about you guys, what's your most pitiful/embarrassing/memorable/forgettable NYE, and what's planned for this year?

I'm Grant.

The usual probably. See no one and go to bed The old days are truly gone
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

I honestly don't really care enough or worry about seeing new year in. If I'm awake and feel like staying up I do, else its bedtime to catch some Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I honestly don't really care enough or worry about seeing new year in. If I'm awake and feel like staying up I do, else its bedtime to catch some Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Same here!

I'm Paul.

Yeah, New Years eve is fairly crap these days. I think although we like to moan about our lot generally we are much beter off these days and can afford to indulge throughout the year, so come New Years eve it’s nothing special anymore.
    ~Paul~

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'll be doing what I usually do - celebrating the passing of another crap year (each year seems to be worse than the last) and hoping vainly that 2018 will be better (which given the current geo-political situation is unlikely).
    Barry

I'm Chris.

Another one here who is seeing in the New year alone. But I like it that way. Going to be listening to some music probably and at about midnight send a flurry of text messages. then off to bed.

I'll be on here probably Grant. Your post was a bit sad. PM me and have a chat if you like.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'll be doing what I usually do - celebrating the passing of another crap year (each year seems to be worse than the last) and hoping vainly that 2018 will be better (which given the current geo-political situation is unlikely).
    Come now Barry! The future can still be bright fella, no matter how shite the prospects.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    Yeah, New Years eve is fairly crap these days. I think although we like to moan about our lot generally we are much beter off these days and can afford to indulge throughout the year, so come New Years eve it’s nothing special anymore.
    I agree with Paul, New Years Eve has become crap. I think my falling asleep last year was my body telling me 'give it up, you're flogging a dead horse'.

I was shooting for some amusing stories of past parties etc., instead I seem to have brought up some amount of 'been there, done that, and its's crap', and some sadness too. For that I apologise and will just simply wish you all a happy and prosperous new year, wherever you are.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Another one here who is seeing in the New year alone. But I like it that way. Going to be listening to some music probably and at about midnight send a flurry of text messages. then off to bed.

I'll be on here probably Grant. Your post was a bit sad. PM me and have a chat if you like.
    cheers Chris.(and ta for the offer) Didnt really mean it to be that sad. Its just the way it is nowadays.When younger, neighbours would first foot each other etc, or you'd go to a party or parties
    Used to enjoy them when in my teens and 20's especially. big spreads at every house down the road... sliding about on the snowy paths desperately holding the bottle
    Folk dont do it like that now, and its a shame, but thats progress I guess.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast