+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New version of the ALLO BOSS is here

I'm Barry.

I think you need to try a new image or a new sd card. Have you tried any other software, such as moode or picore player?

I'm Rob.

Thanks for sticking with me, Geoff.
    I tried the alternative folder view option you suggest but it didn't make any difference.
    I've been enjoying listening to one of the albums that will play, but even with that I've noticed the Playback progress display sometimes freezes, though the music keeps playing.
    My inexperience may have something to do with my Volumio difficulties, but it does seem to me there's a software issue. Is it maybe worth formatting the SD card and re-flashing it?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky View Post
    Thanks for sticking with me, Geoff.
    I tried the alternative folder view option you suggest but it didn't make any difference.
    I've been enjoying listening to one of the albums that will play, but even with that I've noticed the Playback progress display sometimes freezes, though the music keeps playing.
    My inexperience may have something to do with my Volumio difficulties, but it does seem to me there's a software issue. Is it maybe worth formatting the SD card and re-flashing it?
    Have you updated your music folders? I would do that first. Also, check your usb drive in a pc to make sure it is not corrupted.

Rather than reflash, have you tried doing software update. Finally, what device are you using to access Volumio. If you have a pc/notebook, I would try that.

Geoff

BTW. I am assuming you are running it using the ethernet option. I have never found wifi to be ideal for music streaming.

I'm Rob.

I've just updated the music folders and checked the USB drive. I added a few new folders as well, and to my surprise these will play from Album view! The re-loaded old folders still won't, so I suppose there must be something not quite right in them.
    Software is the latest version.
    I am accessing Volumio via an Android tablet (Hudl2), but it works just the same on my iPhone, no difference at all.
    The USB drive is plugged in to the Pi, so no ethernet connection needed.

Having closed Volumio I couldn't get it back until I connected the Pi to my router by cable and checked on the router setup on my desktop, which showed that Volumio had changed its IP address. Can this be fixed somehow?

When I ordered the BOSS Player I was given a choice of 3 OSs: DietPi + ALLO GUI; Volumio; or Max2Play. I chose Volumio because I'd already been on their website and it looked easy to use (how wrong I was!) I suppose I could try the other two but having looked them up I'm not confident.

I'm Geoff.

I've just updated the music folders and checked the USB drive. I added a few new folders as well, and to my surprise these will play from Album view! The re-loaded old folders still won't, so I suppose there must be something not quite right in them.
    Software is the latest version.
    I am accessing Volumio via an Android tablet (Hudl2), but it works just the same on my iPhone, no difference at all.

Having closed Volumio I couldn't get it back until I connected the Pi to my router by cable and checked on the router setup on my desktop, which showed that Volumio had changed its IP address. Can this be fixed somehow?

When I ordered the BOSS Player I was given a choice of 3 OSs: DietPi + ALLO GUI; Volumio; or Max2Play. I chose Volumio because I'd already been on their website and it looked easy to use (how wrong I was!) I suppose I could try the other two but having looked them up I'm not confident.
    I am sorry that you are having these problems but I have to say that I suspect that the problem is not with the software. The fact that the files will now play from the album view suggests some other problem.

I think that the interface is pretty user friendly to the extent that I had no need to consult any online help. I don't think you will find a more user friendly os.

If you have pc, try running it from that. Otherwise you have me baffled?

Geoff

I'm John.

In a previous post you said you were using ethernet. Have you got ethernet connected to the Pi or are you using wifi now?
    Either way, unreliability of the network can be a cause of many of the issues you have mentioned.

I'm Rob.

Previously I was using an ethernet connection because the USB drive with my music on it was plugged in to my router. Then someone suggested I plug the USB drive direct into the Pi, which is what I have done. So I am not using wifi for streaming. The only wifi connection is to Volumio via my tablet.
    By the way, I believe there is an Android app for Volumio. What is the advantage of this, if any?

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post

If you have pc, try running it from that. Otherwise you have me baffled?

Geoff
    It's late now, but I'll try that interesting suggestion in the morning.

I'm Simon.

Rob, stick with Volumio as it is a doddle to use once you are familiar with it and I doubt there will be an easier program to use.

To stop your router from giving Volumio a different IP address upon new connection (every time it starts up) you need to reserve the desired IP via the router settings. If you use Sky broadband I can help you directly with this but if not it will be under ''LAN settings'' in your router's menu.

How your music shows up depends on how it's been ripped and stored. For me, I also use an attached device (SSD) via the Pi's USB. All my files are flacs and to load an album to the playlist I do the following: Music Library > USB > FLAC albums > choose artist > choose album > click the dots on right side which bring up the options > ''play'' (which will automatically add all tracks in the album folder selected AND will play through immediately OR ''Add'' which will add the tracks to the playlist but to start playback you'll need to go into the playlist tab and click on the first track. Using the ''Add'' is handy as you can queue up albums or individual tracks while an album/track is playing.

If you can, use a PC or Laptop and just browse through all the menu's in Volumio to get a feel for it. There is not a lot to it really and you don't have to tinker just get familiar. If you're stuck on some settings I can note down what settings I use if it helps?

I'd recommend setting up the reserved IP address first. Don't forget to go into the Volumio network settings and tell it the wireless IP to connect to once you've chosen it (for example, I use 192.168.0.25 to always bring up Volumio).

I'm John.

Previously I was using an ethernet connection because the USB drive with my music on it was plugged in to my router. Then someone suggested I plug the USB drive direct into the Pi, which is what I have done. So I am not using wifi for streaming. The only wifi connection is to Volumio via my tablet.
    By the way, I believe there is an Android app for Volumio. What is the advantage of this, if any?
    In order for your tablet to talk to the Pi, the Pi must have a wifi or ethernet connection. So if you are not using ethernet then the Pi3's internal wifi is being used, which isn't great. I would recommend getting a good wifi adapter. It will make a difference. I've tried several, and the Edimax was easily the best: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003MTTJ...SZWRSQ0G&psc=1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast