+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New version of the ALLO BOSS is here

I'm Josie.

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Simon.

Thanks Josie.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I think it is as a complete player (including DAC).

The Digione is their top spdif board.

Geoff
    Yes, I'm talking about the DAC boards. I'm a very happy user of a KALI + Piano 2.1 with a linear PSU which has replaced both a Naim NDAC and the DAC inside a NAD M21. When it's that good, I don't see the need for an outboard DAC. I just wondered whether the new BOSS was a step up again from the two separate boards or whether the KALI + Piano 2.1 was still considered the top of the tree when considering the integrated players.
    Rich

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by lovejoy View Post
    Yes, I'm talking about the DAC boards. I'm a very happy user of a KALI + Piano 2.1 with a linear PSU which has replaced both a Naim NDAC and the DAC inside a NAD M21. When it's that good, I don't see the need for an outboard DAC. I just wondered whether the new BOSS was a step up again from the two separate boards or whether the KALI + Piano 2.1 was still considered the top of the tree when considering the integrated players.
    Yes, I think I said as much. However, the combined Source/Dac approach is not for everyone, especially those who do not use a preamp. I have several sources (including an Allo Digione) that play into my Caiman SEG and then directly into a power amp. A Kali solution would not work for me.

Geoff

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    Thanks Josie.
    Your welcome

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Richard.

Hi Josie,
    What are your impressions of the new BOSS DAC in comparison with the Piano + Kali - IIRC you have tried this combination in the past?
    Rich

I'm Josie.

Hi Richard.

More accuracy, tighter bass and more dynamic. I'd also say a tad more air.

I really like it. I'm using it with the isolator board too which makes another nice step up in performance.

Its certainly worth it IMO.

I have an update which needs finishing. Recently it's really improved, opened up substantially.

Hope that helps

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Richard.

Yes, that helps immensely. Many thanks. I've really been enjoying the Piano + KALI again lately but the improvements you list have pushed me towards an order for the new BOSS. I'm about to pull the trigger on it but I notice that if you've got the isolator board as well, there doesn't seem to be a case that accommodates both the BOSS and the isolator as I guess that makes it a triple stack again as you have with the Piano + KALI and only just having bought a case for my Piano + KALI after all this time, I'd rather buy a case for the new setup from the outset. I'm guessing yours isn't in a case currently?

Also, are you using LIFEPO batteries for the isolator, or are you powering it some other way?

Thanks again..

Rich
    Rich

I'm allo.

hey guys,
    i will push to release a case for RPI + BOSS v1,2 + Isolator

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by lovejoy View Post
    Yes, that helps immensely. Many thanks. I've really been enjoying the Piano + KALI again lately but the improvements you list have pushed me towards an order for the new BOSS. I'm about to pull the trigger on it but I notice that if you've got the isolator board as well, there doesn't seem to be a case that accommodates both the BOSS and the isolator as I guess that makes it a triple stack again as you have with the Piano + KALI and only just having bought a case for my Piano + KALI after all this time, I'd rather buy a case for the new setup from the outset. I'm guessing yours isn't in a case currently?

Also, are you using LIFEPO batteries for the isolator, or are you powering it some other way?

Thanks again..

Rich
    Hi Rich... Cool.

I'm not using the LIFEPO batteries, I'm using a normal plug-in transformer plug. Looking to move to a Linear PSU at some point in the future as I'm sure that will hold more of a benefit.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast