+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: New version of the ALLO BOSS is here

I'm Mike.

A new card will maybe help, I had to bin the allo supplied one as it became corrupted and now won’t even format no matter what programme I use.

They’re cheap enough to replace, just make sure you don’t buy a fake.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    A new card will maybe help, I had to bin the allo supplied one as it became corrupted and now won’t even format no matter what programme I use.

They’re cheap enough to replace, just make sure you don’t buy a fake.
    You need to format it with SDformatter not in Windows. It may be fine, but a good idea to try a different one first.

Geoff

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    You need to format it with SDformatter not in Windows. It may be fine, but a good idea to try a different one first.

Geoff
    I've tried everything to format it including SDformatter, card's dead lol

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I've tried everything to format it including SDformatter, card's dead lol
    Did you set the complete overwrite option and resize as well?

Geoff

I'm Rob.

I formatted a spare 32GB SD card using SD Formatter in overwrite mode then downloaded the latest Volumio image again and flashed it using Etcher.
    The only glitch was that part way through Etcher validating the flash, Windows popped up and said I needed to format two drives (meaning two virtual drives on the SD card, I think), but I just closed the dialogues and let validation finish. Was this the right thing to do, I wonder? Windows doesn't want to have anything to do with Volumio anyway, so I don't know why it feels the need to interfere when Etcher is doing its stuff.
    I put the new card in the Pi, loaded Volumio on my desktop, at the second attempt, and ran the first time setup wizard after noticing Volumio looked a bit odd.
    Albums play OK from the top line big white play button. Annoyingly, the three dot menu still hides when I use Volumio on my tablet or phone, but not on the PC. Surely Volumio is mainly used on portable devices, so I'm mystified as to why it won't display properly on either of mine.
    All I can hope is that the next update will be better. Maybe I'll go and bother the Volumio forum (sighs of relief from AOS!)

I'm John.

@Lanky
    Clearing the cache on your browser can sometimes fix display problems.

I'm Barry.

Have you tried the Volumio app, that might solve your display problems on your tablet, not bad value at 99p. I have used it on my iPad.

I'm Rob.

Thanks for the suggestion, the Volumio Android app does display the three dot menu correctly, so that's an improvement. The other Play issues remain, so I think it must be something to do with tagging in some of my files.

I'm Barry.

You could always load a couple of the albums you are having problems with into mp3tag and check the tagging or rip a couple of cd's with correct tagging and see how they play. I spent a fair few hours over the past couple of weeks correcting the tagging on some of my music, makes a big difference when using programs like volumio etc.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, the Volumio Android app does display the three dot menu correctly, so that's an improvement. The other Play issues remain, so I think it must be something to do with tagging in some of my files.
    I would guess so as I have no problems with the web browser on my phone or tablet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast