+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New version of the ALLO BOSS is here

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiohdwr View Post
    hey guys,
    i will push to release a case for RPI + BOSS v1,2 + Isolator
    That would be really cool
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiohdwr View Post
    hey guys,
    i will push to release a case for RPI + BOSS v1,2 + Isolator
    That would be great. Many thanks Andre. I'll hold off on the order until I can get a case plus everything else. No rush as I still really enjoy the Piano + KALI. There's always a little bit of new tweaking to try with the settings of the Pi that seems to squeeze a bit more out of it too. I've found in the last week or so that running everything on just 2 cores seems to sound a bit better than spreading everything across all 4. I guess that might be down to the way the scheduler works, but who knows?
    Rich

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi Rich... Cool.

I'm not using the LIFEPO batteries, I'm using a normal plug-in transformer plug. Looking to move to a Linear PSU at some point in the future as I'm sure that will hold more of a benefit.
    I have been running the Piano + KALI with a linear PSU. Nothing fancy like the Longdog etc. Just one of these with a toroidal transformer: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121828014...m=121828014441, but it works extremely well and an improvement on the iFi supply I tried (although that in itself was a good step up from a typical Pi supply). I have to admit that the isolator plus LIFEPO batteries has tweaked my geeky interest and I have a few of those batteries around so could put those to work with the linear supply which might work nicely.
    Rich

I'm Rob.

It's good to read such good reviews of the new Allo Boss, though tantalising as my experience is sadly very different. As a first dip of my toe in the streaming waters I received the latest v1.2 Boss player bundle last week, (RPI3 +Boss+case+5v power supply+SD card including OS and Volumio option) ordered via the Plug and Play link on Allo's website. But Plug and Play it isn't. I can't get it to show up on my network, all it does is sit there showing a red and a green LED. I wonder if perhaps the SD card hasn't been flashed with the right software? I'm totally ignorant on these matters, which is why I went for the supposed security of a Plug and Play device.
    Allo don't seem to make technical help easy to find, but I've emailed them from their home page so I hope a reply will be forthcoming. Maybe this André guy mentioned earlier is the key to Allo knowledge?

I'm Josie.

Hi.

Yes, andre is the guy to ask.

These things can be fiddly sometimes with the RPI

Just one question. Are you powering the DAC only? With the 1.2 you don't power the RPI as well as the DAC. The DAC feeds the RPI.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

Yatsushiro Guest

With the 1.2 you can power the Boss or the RPi, or both if a jumper is removed.

I'm John.

@Lanky

If your RPi doesn't show up on your router's table of connected devices, then there could be a SD card problem. But if you are connecting via Wifi try a wired ethernet connection first.
    It's also possible that your Pi is booting up in AP (Access Point) mode. If so, 'Volumio' will appear in your list of available networks and you will need to connect to it.

I'm Simon.

How are you connecting it to the network? It can be hard to find the device when using wireless (mine usually shows up as 'unknown' along with other devices in the home which are also using wifi) so usually it's best to use a wired connection at first, directly into the router. That way it should show up easier (mine usually shows up as 'volumio' automatically when using a cabled connection) and then it will show you the IP address which you can then type into the address bar to get the user interface up.

Then should be able to go into network settings and it should show you the connection details of wireless and wired, showing the IP address of both. I go into LAN settings on the router and reserve the wireless IP address so that no other device can use it and Volumio will always connect to that address. You can give it your own IP address too, just make sure you change the address in the Volumio network settings too.

I'm Rob.

Firstly, thank you for the replies.
    I confess I find the power supply arrangements confusing. The Boss was supplied with the jumper in place. If I feed power to the Boss USB Type C connector it illuminates a green LED on the Boss and a red LED on the Pi, from which I conclude there is power to both boards. If I remove the jumper only one of the LEDs illuminates, depending on whether I feed power to the Boss or the Pi.
    I connected to my router via Ethernet cable, having read that the Pi's wi-fi performance can be poor without a dongle. The LEDs on the Pi's Ethernet socket did not illuminate.
    Excuse my ignorance, but I didn't understand the statement "It's also possible that your Pi is booting up in AP (Access Point) mode. If so, 'Volumio' will appear in your list of available networks and you will need to connect to it." I can't see any additional device, wired or otherwise, on my router setup page. Likewise no reference to Volumio.
    I tried removing the SD card to check it on my desktop, and Windows Explorer says it is empty. I assume the files Allo should have loaded won't necessarily be readable in Windows, but shouldn't something show up? My feeling at the moment is the most likely explanation is that Allo sent me a blank card! If this is the case, how would I go about getting them to send me what was promised?

I'm Simon.

The files won't show up in windows as Volumio is linux based.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast