+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wtd good quality mains distribution block

I'm Mike.

How on earth is it possible to make profit out of selling those that cheap? Weird.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

I went down Maplins on London road the other day, £11 for a 4 way extension lead with surge protector, my amps no longer blow!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    How on earth is it possible to make profit out of selling those that cheap? Weird.
    Probably because it uses cheap and therefore poor-quality components. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole (or anything else 'Made in China' intended for use with the UK mains supply).
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Probably because it uses cheap and therefore poor-quality components. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole (or anything else 'Made in China' intended for use with the UK mains supply).
    That's a bit unfair. Granted, the cheap stuff can be of questionable quality and is likely to be 220v or 230v rated, but there are some very nice quality Chinese Hi-Fi makes too, who manufacture proper UK spec electronics. MingDa spring to mind and I believe the beautifully made Sinovt (Raphaelite) items can be properly specced for UK.

I'm Alan.

Just about every electrical item in the UK has Chinese components in it, one way or the other...Kettles , Irons, washing machines, electric ovens, deep fat fryers, mixers, TV's stereo systems, tv boxes, routers, computers, electrical cables, light fittings, bulbs, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ...anyway...Lets get back to the op's request for a mains distribution block....

Just looked at the bottom of my BRITISH TELECOM Telephone base unit and hand set...HAVE A GUESS WHERE THEY ARE MADE

Last edited by walpurgis; 29-12-2017 at 00:02. Reason: "shite comments" is inappropriate!
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Paul.

If you just need a good mains block these seem OK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brennenstuh...extension+lead

No filter or surge suppression though.
    ~Paul~

I'm Chris.

Neither would I

I'm paul.

Four twin sockets in my listening room and no trailing crap. That first link with the cheap fancy looking display has sockets for different countries plugs, for those who try to say the mains makes a difference, surely those sockets wouldn't be ideal.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm jamie.

thinking about it sensibly i think it might be best to upgrade all my system cables to Belden 19364,replace iec plugs with schurter ones,wall plugs with mk ones and then buy an extension block such as an olson one,i can use the belden on that too.
    i dont want to spend daft money but the above seems like good quality at a good price point.ive also covered all the bases rather than just one area ie the extension block. what do you think?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm off.

Interesting. For whatever (little?) it’s worth the Tacima mains conditioner has some good reviews (https://www.whathifi.com/tacima/cs947/review) - have folk here any experience with them?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast