+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD: Shure stylus N97xe, N92e or similar. Broken cantilevers acceptable.

I'm Mark.

Default WTD: Shure stylus N97xe, N92e or similar. Broken cantilevers acceptable.

I have had a spate of broken needles which is surprising as I am not generally clumsy and have a light touch (I'm told).
    If anyone has anything in the N97 or N92 range going cheap please let me know, even broken cantilevers with tips qualify as I have some suitable tubing for repairs, and a cactus plant for backup.
    (Naturally the tip needs to be reasonable, I do (hopefully) want to use them without doing any damage.)
    Happy New Year anyway...

I'm martin.

Just out of interest - what cactus do you use? How do you find it sounds compared with the original?
    Happy New Year!

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by martinswimmer View Post
    Just out of interest - what cactus do you use? How do you find it sounds compared with the original?
    Happy New Year!
    To be honest Martin I haven't resorted to the cactus yet, but them big spiky ones in the cowboy films look like they could do the job. I believe they sound better with back loaded thorn speakers.
    ( I do have some very fine aluminium tubing though and am itching to try it out )

I'm martin.

I'd love to try fixing some of my cartridges, but need one of those magnifying glass lamps that you get at nail places ;-) Good luck with the search!

+ Reply to Thread