+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Canada

I'm Dan.

Default Hello from Canada

Hello,
    My name is Dan Santoni. I'm a repair tech and custom builder of high end gear. So as a disclaimer I have a number of industry affiliations.
    I'm looking forward to being a member of this forum.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Hello,
    My name is Dan Santoni. I'm a repair tech and custom builder of high end gear. So as a disclaimer I have a number of industry affiliations.
    I'm looking forward to being a member of this forum.
    Hi Dan,

Welcome!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Hi Dan. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what High End Gear you make. And tell us what equipment you use personally in your own Hi-Fi system.

Every aspect of audio is covered here, so take a look around and join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Loz.

Welcome to AoS Dan.

I'm Dan.

Hi Geoff,
    I wasn't sure if it was allowed to post a link to my websites, but here they are.
    www.blackdoghifi.com
    www.dtsaudioelectronics.com

Both sites are a bit out of date as I'm updating the product line. I've been a little busy and haven't had a chance to take new pictures and do the updates.
    Presently the standard product line consists of two line stages and three phono stages (two solid state, one tube). I also have a custom order tube stage that I don't advertise much as it is a killer to build as it it is an all tube balanced phono using a cascode differential input and Lundahl SUT built in.

My personal system varies a lot as I have access to dozens of brands that I service, and occasional get demo units I can sub in. But I do own a Linn Sondek, and Linn Intek that my wife uses mostly. I'm between CD players right now. Speakers consist of JM Labs, and and old set of Canadian made Paisley speakers, and a couple of demo custom built speakers.

I see you're a moderator. What's involved in getting a Trade membership?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I see you're a moderator. What's involved in getting a Trade membership?
    Hi again Dan. You'll need to contact the forum owner Marco, regarding a trade account. Geoff.

I'm Svend.

Dan! Nice to see you here. And welcome.

To the gang: Dan is certainly too modest to say so, but he is one of the most respected audio repair techs in Canada. He has a large and very loyal following among the audio community here, and receives units to work on from all over the country. Any quick search through the CAM forum will turn up nothing but complimentary words from his many happy customers. A very friendly and helpful guy, I'm sure he will be a valuable contributor here. Dan happens to have one of my components on his bench right now -- a Sony TA-E86B preamp that he is working his magic on with some mods.

Enjoy your time here Dan.

Best regards,
    Svend

I'm Dan.

I thought that was you.
    Thanks for the kind words.

+ Reply to Thread