+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Confession.

I'm Craig.

Default A Confession.

As you may know, a move south west to a smaller property has been on the cards for some time, and sadly the sale of my ‘big’ Hifi took place, as it would definitely overpower the smaller listening area that the Wife calls the sitting room.

So, and here’s the confession part, I bought a Naim Muso, and you know what?
    It’s amazing!

Quite by coincidence, I had popped into my local quality Hifi shop, and was telling my friend there about my situation, and he immediately said “you need one of these”pointing to a Muso.

I had a very brief listen, and was immediately knocked out that such a small unit could make such a big sound.

Is it on par with the Kavent and Ushers?
    No, of course not, but it’s a great piece of kit that brings a smile to my face each time I listen to it.

Plus, it got a very good review some time back from our friends at Hi Fi Pig.

And, possibly the most important thing, the WAF is off the scale!
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Martin.

Have you moved yet then Craig?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

Well, it doesn't look very exciting.

But if the wifey manages not to notice it and it sounds decent enough, then job done!

Does it come with speakers? What are you using?
    EDIT: Are you allowed any speakers?
    EDIT2: - And I thought I was joking - You aren't allowed speakers - they're included in the box thing!

Good review on wtf https://www.whathifi.com/naim/mu-so/review

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Have you moved yet then Craig?
    Finally managed it November 28
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Well, it doesn't look very exciting.

But if the wifey manages not to notice it and it sounds decent enough, then job done!

Does it come with speakers? What are you using?
    EDIT: Are you allowed any speakers?
    EDIT2: - And I thought I was joking - You aren't allowed speakers - they're included in the box thing!

Good review on wtf https://www.whathifi.com/naim/mu-so/review
    As I’m sure you know by now, 6 Drive units each powered by a 75 watt RMS amp.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm gone.

I must admit I was stunned by the price - I was expecting 3x as much!

I'm Hugo.

Before Christmas I decided to (gently) investigate streaming and I bought a manufacturer refurbished Muso QB from Signals and agree entirely with these comments. It's clearly not as good as my main system for musical expression, but for what it is it's pretty amazing and great for background listening while I work. The depth of sound is remarkable, it's small so can be placed out of the way, and it looks nice. It complements my main system perfectly, providing a straightforward exploratory gateway to online music which I may take further with a 'proper' network streamer thing.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    As you may know, a move south west to a smaller property has been on the cards for some time, and sadly the sale of my ‘big’ Hifi took place, as it would definitely overpower the smaller listening area that the Wife calls the sitting room.

So, and here’s the confession part, I bought a Naim Muso, and you know what?
    It’s amazing!

Quite by coincidence, I had popped into my local quality Hifi shop, and was telling my friend there about my situation, and he immediately said “you need one of these”pointing to a Muso.

I had a very brief listen, and was immediately knocked out that such a small unit could make such a big sound.

Is it on par with the Kavent and Ushers?
    No, of course not, but it’s a great piece of kit that brings a smile to my face each time I listen to it.

Plus, it got a very good review some time back from our friends at Hi Fi Pig.

And, possibly the most important thing, the WAF is off the scale!

I'm Craig.

May I suggest that you listen to the ‘normal’ Muso, it really is superior to the QB, I naturally listened to them both before my final decision.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Hugo.

i have nowhere to place the 'normal' Muso. The QB is very much good enough for what I wanted, eg not a replacement for a full system.

+ Reply to Thread