+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headphone listening

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm steven.

Default Headphone listening

Just got into proper headphone listening bought some audeze el8 and an oppo HA-1 don’t know if it’s just me but on certain recordings there seems to be slightly more volume coming from the left channel thinking it maybe the way a tracks been recorded or have I got dodgy ears or a dodgy set of cans the balance on the oppo is preset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm tony.

Try some ear wax remover-sometimes cans can be a tad more revealing.

The chemists sell stuff you pour in yer lug hole and it dissolves all the wax-dont go prodding around with cotton buds, let the liquid stuff do its work.

I'm Grant.

If your noticing it then there may be an issue. More likely the amp tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm steven.

Default Headphone listening

Funny you should say that grant noticing it more on vinyl replay so could be related to the tape outs or like Tony has alluded too it’s me jugs further investigation will commence further updates on said matter will be forthcoming

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky View Post
    Funny you should say that grant noticing it more on vinyl replay so could be related to the tape outs or like Tony has alluded too it’s me jugs further investigation will commence further updates on said matter will be forthcoming
    I'm no vinyl expert but can this be the result of a mistracking ot worn stylus, or old cartridge?

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I'm no vinyl expert but can this be the result of a mistracking ot worn stylus, or old cartridge?

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk
    ... Is what I was thinking, and cd would likely eliminate the phono chain. Alternatives as Jerry suggests or, (possibly more efficiently, pace Jerry) try swapping the cartridge leads left for right and see if the imbalance moves. If so it's the cartridge. If not swap the pre amp leads to the headphone amp left for right, see if the imbalance follows. If so it's the phono section or the pre. If not it's could be the can amp. In terms of likelihood I'd go cart setup, cans, phono, pre, can amp, hearing. We accommodate in the grey matter for most ear imbalances, so if you don't hear it with speakers you shouldn't with headphones.
    Merry Xmas all

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Incorrect antiskate settings could cause a channel imbalance.
    If you haven't already got a copy of this, get one - there are tracks you can use to set antiskate properly.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

try a modern cd Steven. they are usually better balanced for headphones or something from Spotify etc. Might be the phono and the way it separates.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Have you got any other headphone sockets on your gear?
    That would show if it's the Oppo amp or not.

Have you got any mono recordings? if so, twirl the headphones round so the left earcup is on your right ear, and if it's still the same offset sound then it's probably your ears.

I'm Dave.

Is this a good deal - current offer? - https://www.richersounds.com/headpho...phone-amp.html
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast