+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headphone listening

I'm tony.

Dave ....buy cheap buy twice!

Stans SEG is a couple of hundred quid but bang for buck a bargain usb/dac/hpa.

I have one on my AV set up and my son runs one....they exceptional bits of hi fi for reasonable money.

Stan is a gent to deal with....one of the good guys.

No connection to Stan just a loyal customer for a few years.

I'm steven.

Default Headphone listening

Just listened to a copy of blues blasters layfette thing Thomas mono copy got this off grant done as Jerry suggested swapped cans around offset the same it’s me lugs looks like the old olive oil is going in me right lug cheers Jerry and all those who contributed.Just as an added thought the damage may also have been caused by women’s constant nagging.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky View Post
    Just as an added thought the damage may also have been caused by women’s constant nagging.
    Pardon?

I'm steven.

i hope I’m not coming across as sexist a few partners that I’ve had have had a proclivity to said nagging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

cheeky monkey wait til i get my corsets on
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm tony.

No thats called selective deafness-a defence mechanism!

It funny how you can hear small changes in hi fi but cant recall anything from mother in law mono logs, or the contestants on strictly/shoes/bags etc.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky View Post
    Just listened to a copy of blues blasters layfette thing Thomas mono copy got this off grant done as Jerry suggested swapped cans around offset the same it’s me lugs looks like the old olive oil is going in me right lug cheers Jerry and all those who contributed.Just as an added thought the damage may also have been caused by women’s constant nagging.
    I've mostly given up on olive oil, as ear problems seem often to clear up with time. There can be several reasons for ear problems. Ear wax can obviously block out hearing, and using olive oil can help, though quite often wax will clear itself given time - though it may take a few weeks. Colds and blocked eustachian tubes can also cause problems. Anti histamine (hay fever) tablets can sometimes help to unblock the tubes. Travel in aircraft often seems to me to increase ear problems. Unfortunately some people suffer nerve damage, and their hearing degenerates quite rapidly.
    Dave

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Dave ....buy cheap buy twice!

Stans SEG is a couple of hundred quid but bang for buck a bargain usb/dac/hpa.

I have one on my AV set up and my son runs one....they exceptional bits of hi fi for reasonable money.

Stan is a gent to deal with....one of the good guys.

No connection to Stan just a loyal customer for a few years.
    I do have a Caiman from Stan, and if I want to buy more kit I may well go back for one of his newer models.

Nevertheless, it's possible that the DAC I pointed out from Richer might be of interest to some at £39 - https://www.richersounds.com/headpho...phone-amp.html It may be of more interest to some who want to have more mobile devices and/or who travel a lot.
    Dave

I'm tony.

Dave,
    Wasnt thinking mobile...the seg is quite a jump over the caiman 2.

IM a big cans guy....the senn 700s really sing with the seg when you match the impedance.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Is this a good deal - current offer? - https://www.richersounds.com/headpho...phone-amp.html
    I bought one of these and it's OKish. A curious thing though, using an MBP (Mac OS X) it works fine except on Qobuz - which seems to ignore the headphones completely - but other software does drive the DAC and the headphones.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12