+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Funk Firm LSD/F5

I'm off.

Default Funk Firm LSD/F5

After seeing a few great reviews etc from a while back, & knowing a little (not much) of the Pink Triangle link/heritage, I'm intrigued to learn a little more about Funk Firm turntables - particularly the LSD. Is anyone here using one? How does it compare with its main rivals around that sort of price point - say, an RP8, or at a push a gyro? Is the F5 arm decent? (& Do they often come up second hand?). Thanks!

I'm Steve.

Hi Rick
    I have owned an LSD F5 now for two years, it replaced a Rega RP6, Project deck before that. It is fed into a Primare R32 phono stage into a Naim Supernait2 in to a pair of Naim SBL’s.
    I love it, it boogie’s like no other TT I have heard. It’s incredibly stable for a belt drive deck also. Everyone who hears my deck are staggered at the reproduction quality of the sound.

For the cash I think you’ll struggle to beat it. Funk also offer very good personal service. When I’ve been in contact with them Arthur himself called me back and has check everything is ok via email.
    Regards Steve

Funkfirm Little Super Deck with F5 arm
    Audio Technica AT33sa
    Vertere Phono 1
    Naim Supernait 2
    Niam Allae speaker

I'm off.

Thanks Steve - very interesting - have PM'd you a quick question.

I'm Paul.

Quite a few years ago I heard a Vector at the Heathrow show and thought it was very good. I can’t remember the amps used but the speakers were some large old Rodgers. Really nice agile sound. Very quirky TT and the owner Arthur was quiite quirky too, but he seemed to know his stuff.
    ~Paul~

+ Reply to Thread