+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Isolating speakers from suspended floor

I'm Neil.

Default Isolating speakers from suspended floor

When I first started this stuff I was led to believe that spikes were ‘mechanical diodes’, now I realise this is nonsense and they are there to achieve the most rigid possible coupling. This means the speaker “sees” the floor, or the component sees the rack. For a concrete floor it is more appropriate to couple as the floor isn’t going to move, but suspended wooden floors are a different story!
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Simon.

Interesting thread and a subject I have been researching carefully, as I have a listening room in a Victorian house with a wooden suspended floor.

The loudspeakers I will be using are of my own design weighing 150 kgs each and will be looking for a solution to isolate them.

I have been looking at various commercial solutions but the ones that might work ate over £1,000

The solution I will try will likely be a DIY effort as I do not want to throw £100s at it with no guarantee of good results.

The footprint of my loudspeakers is around 26" x 21"

Research continues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567