+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Isolating speakers from suspended floor

I'm Alex.

In the meantime they’re hidden the best I could with a coal scuttle and fire tool set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Josie.

Looking nice.. But you could do with a rug on that wooden floor... You will have frequencies bouncing all over the place... quite a good upgrade IMO.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Alex.

A big rug will be coming soon. I’ve only been in the house a matter of weeks 😉

I'm Dennis.

I agree about a rug to dampen the acoustic. I am in the process of finishing my lounge refurb, and have despite good floorboards decided to spend on carpet for that reason.

Currently, empty and unpadded it is very live on spoken voice.

I'm Edward.

I found Soundcare's 'SuperSpikes' cured a lot of issues with suspended floors and tightened up bass very nicely. In fact added a lot of clarity overall.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Simon.

How are those Soundcare spikes any different to a normal spike + shoe? Just been looking at them and at first glance I assumed the black base was some kind of rubber/squishy material which would compress with weight. However, looks like that black part is just plastic and the spike shoe inside still touches the surface it is placed upon. Just looks like a normal spike + shoe but with a case built around it.

They look nice (better than standard spikes) but not sure it would make a improvement for me as I have spikes with shoes and I've blu-tacked them down underneath.

I'm Edward.

Perhaps it is the mild steel insert that the spike sits on? I really don't know. They were suggested to me so I tried them as not too expensive I got a full set. For the reason you mention I also was suspicious but needed to protect my floor from the standard M8 spikes I had and found the improvements I mentioned.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Rohan.

Quote Originally Posted by VanDerGraaf View Post
    This is like Auralex on the cheap, you might be surprised by how good this solution will be!
    I knew this would work well for you Alex. They don't look great admittedly, but to do an excellent job in this area doesn't require huge outlay.

My Auralex Subdude XL platforms are brilliant (terrible name aside) and perhaps a touch more discreet-looking for home use.

Improvements are always heard, whatever the speaker, when using them.

Edit: apologies for massive picture!

I'm Neil.

Default Isolating speakers from suspended floor

Quote Originally Posted by alcarmichael View Post
    A big rug will be coming soon. I’ve only been in the house a matter of weeks
    Congrats looks like a nice space.

Any chance of being able to pull those speakers forwards a bit? Your room looks very similar to mine. Some good clearance from the fireplace is worth trying.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm James.

Has anyone tried Audio serenity AS level2 isolation platforms? Can't seem to do a link I'm afraid basically they're granite slabs made to order,around £50?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast