+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to connect Nakamichi ca-5 to Sony 670ES integrated amp

I'm Andrew.

I'm Mike.

Now trying the Nak through output 1 into aux on Sony, sounds better than the Sony after a very brief listen, but bass is blurty as hell, just as well the Sony has tone controls. The sound was only coming out of one channel first off then I turned the volume up on the Nak and now its fine (when turned back down again its fine too), the balance is a bit fuzzy when turned, should this be any concern? I got the Nak off ebay a few weeks ago, so don't want to leave it too long if there's any issues, if its just a case of cleaning, then fine.

I'm jamie.

sound like it needs a good spray of switch cleaner mike
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    sound like it needs a good spray of switch cleaner mike
    Thanks, do I need to open the amp to do that? Also whats the remote power on/off thing at the back?

I'm jamie.

yes,you can download or look at the manuals here
    https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...chi/ca-5.shtml
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Now trying the Nak through output 1 into aux on Sony, sounds better than the Sony after a very brief listen, but bass is blurty as hell, just as well the Sony has tone controls. The sound was only coming out of one channel first off then I turned the volume up on the Nak and now its fine (when turned back down again its fine too), the balance is a bit fuzzy when turned, should this be any concern? I got the Nak off ebay a few weeks ago, so don't want to leave it too long if there's any issues, if its just a case of cleaning, then fine.
    I had a similar issue with mine when I first got it but over a couple of days the problem went away. I suspected an issue with the RCA connections at the time but it seemed to fix itself after being on for a few minutes. I have not noticed the problem since but do keep it powered up though but not because of the issue.

I'm Mike.

Nak is fine now, though after extended listening I'm preferring the Sony. The Nak through the Sony has very hard treble, unlistenable. The Sony is proving to be a rather musical and moreish listen! I only wish it had remote, as its a heavy amp it sits on the bottom shelf of my rack, hence I have to bend over to adjust volume, a real pain. Is the 700 or 770 worth paying the extra £200 for? The 670 was only £150 even though its flap is stuck open. I think a remote alone is worth a £100! The Nak may have the better phono stage but I'll have to pair it with something else to find out. BTW seen as I 've sold my Naim system after 10 years I'm having to buy new cables as well, and currently am using very cheap speaker cable, I'm sure my set up is worthy of better.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Nak is fine now, though after extended listening I'm preferring the Sony. The Nak through the Sony has very hard treble, unlistenable. The Sony is proving to be a rather musical and moreish listen! I only wish it had remote, as its a heavy amp it sits on the bottom shelf of my rack, hence I have to bend over to adjust volume, a real pain. Is the 700 or 770 worth paying the extra £200 for? The 670 was only £150 even though its flap is stuck open. I think a remote alone is worth a £100! The Nak may have the better phono stage but I'll have to pair it with something else to find out. BTW seen as I 've sold my Naim system after 10 years I'm having to buy new cables as well, and currently am using very cheap speaker cable, I'm sure my set up is worthy of better.
    The 730es I had was worth every penny I paid £450ish. Excellent amp but i think you can do better for the money if you go for a power amp.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigman80; 25-12-2017 at 07:49.

I'm Grant.

Something wrong somewhere if it's sounding off. Nak phono is sweet
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Something wrong somewhere if it's sounding off. Nak phono is sweet
    I'd agree.

If you're using it as a phono stage you need to be using the tape monitor out.
    Alternatively, use it as a pre while using the Sony as a power amp only; I think it can be used that way.

Synergy can be a difficult thing to manage. It can be an electrical issue or a sound issue. Either way, good luck and merry Christmas.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast