+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Warm sounding Power amp

Location: Dutch now living in Milton Keynes in the United Kingdom

I'm Rob.

Sorry Geoff, In dutch they are called Buizen, that is the exact translation to tubes that is actually why I called them tubes, but I will keep it in mind valves it is.
    It is still very strange that the Chinese valve amp straight away was sounding so much better than the integrated Arcam 8r that I uses as a pre-amp.
    All instruments came straight away alive, you can hear people hitting the guitar strings or hear the stroke of the brush on a drum the dynamic is way better, you wouldn't expect that of a cheap Chinese amp, Chris has a different amp but he has exactly the same result. I even took my amp over to him and weren't able to hear much difference between the two amps. I think you need to have quite a good pre-amp to reach the same sound quality.

I'm Chris.

OK Rob. Update for you. I connected up the van Damme Blue 2 x 2.5 mm, not bi-wired. It'll take a bit of listening to come to a final judgement but my first impression over the Chord C-series is that they have a better bass reach and detail - timpani have a nice thud, even at low volume, which is cool. Cymbals are laid back slightly, but not too badly. So the sound is a bit "bigger" and warmer. Is it a better cable? Dunno. Certainly a different character - not tiring at all.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 28-12-2017 at 21:47. Reason: Clarity

I'm Rob.

Hi Chris that sounds good, I have to come around one of these days to listen.

I'm Chris.

But...they are nice freshly-bared wires. The others needed a clean really.

I'm Chris.

I have 2 x 5m lengths - I will bring it to MK and you can try it in the new year.

I'm Rob.

Thanks Chris, I pm'd you my availability

I'm James.

I've been using my monster interlink 400s for a while now and the difference in warmth compared to my chord company c-lines is shocking
    MY SYSTEM
    SOURCES: Marantz cd63 mk2 ki, Marantz cd6000ose
    AMPLIFICATION: Albarry m408s mono blocs with ap3 pre
    CABLES: Chord company c-line, Monster interlink 400, QED silver speaker cable, Tacima cs947 mains conditioner
    SPEAKERS: Mission 752 freedoms, AKG K550 mk2 headphones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456