+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best usb cable for audio streaming

Location: Dutch now living in Milton Keynes in the United Kingdom

I'm Rob.

Default What is the best usb cable for audio streaming

Hi Guys,

I am just wondering what the best usb cable is to use, I had a Supra USB 2.0 Cable Type A To B this was the best buy from 2015, this cable has been destroyed by my Husky, I was wondering if there are people here with experience with different usb cables.
    I am streaming from my Macbook to my musical fidelity V90 dac, via Audirvana plus.

I'm Brian.

Hi Rob , welcome to AOS . I like this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chord-Comp...cAAOSw2xRYkmJM
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Rob.

Hi Brian thanks for the tip, I saw that Jerry had a chord cable for sale 5 meters long. I actually wanted a shorter cable do you think there will be a quality loss in a longer cable?

I'm Brian.

Not up to 5m no .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm tony.

Not to blow smoke up Brians arse but he builds the best usb cables ive heard.

When he gets his finger out his chocolate ive two 5m on order.

I run a gt2 furateck .

Brians cables blow it into the weeds--my good lady kicked mine with the laptop across the room-fucked the usb port and cable.

Helluva fiddly buggers to make apparently!!!

Search for a usb cable thread by the Scottish boys a few years ago....the supra is not bad but can be improved on.

I have an amazon shitter in my front room-does the bussiness but its pure pish to be honest!

I'm Rob.

Yes I had a supra 4 meter cable but the dog ran very anthousiastic through the room, laptop on the floor and the usn connector snapped off, so now I am a bit wiser with my other thread, I will go and look for a copper based one are there any people who have suggestions, I now can change music remotely so it doesn't have to be a long cable.

I'm Will.

IMHO it's not just the cable but the isolation that matters too, albeit DAC dependant, the less noise into the DAC the better, I use one of these...

https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/micro-iusb3-0/
    Cheers, Will

I'm Neil.

I actually like the Amazon Basics range of USB cables. They are well-built (better than the "Basics" badge suggests), properly specced, and best of all under a tenner. They're flawless with any data transmission that I've thrown at them, and the magic music fairies are happily uncorrupted too.

I don't think the OP's DAC is galvanically isolated, so instead of messing with cables I'd try a USB isolating box instead if wanting to try something that could actually make a difference, but these are expensive for what you get, which then leads into second-hand DACs becoming a better upgrade route than cable & USB regenerator changes.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm tony.

I had hoped the amazon basic v furateck would be undetectable....unfortunately not!

Didnt take a full song for my good lady to insist it lives in the front room.

I really do wish all digital cables sounded the same....they just dont unfortunately.

I'm Andrzej.

Hi Rob,
    I can trustfully recommend AudioQuest USB cables. I use Cinnamon in my entry level streaming system and the cable does make the difference. I compared it with stock cable and vd Hul Ultimate; Cinnamon presentation was more vivid to me. Hope that helps. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast