+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tapatalk iPhone forum reader compatibility please

MartinT Guest

AoS looks fine on my HTC HD2 Windows phone too. What advantage does Tapatalk offer over normal web browsing? It looks like it's an iPhone thing only at the moment.

Tapatalk is great. I use it while riding the train, waiting for an appointment, taking a shower, during sex, whatever.

Seriously, the advantage is that it formats everything for a touch interface, instead of having to pinch zoom for a lot of things. Plus it loads faster as it is only loading the text (you have the option to turn off images).

I think Marco's choice to distance himself from from some forms of technology just puts him ahead of the curve.

I mean, just look at the mess that an innocent technology like agriculture has made. A lot of things would have never happened if we were all still spending the day gathering berries. Well, probably not.
    James

Denon DCD-755AE (Power supply mods, used as a transport)
    PS Audio Digital Link III (Power supply mods, Audiocom Superclock 4)
    Tricorp TRV-35SE (V-Cap Teflon and Wima MKP10 caps)
    KEF IQ5 (Bennic XPP caps and Jantzen MOX resistors)
    Yamaha YST-SW225 subwoofer
    Cables: Transparent Premium Powerlink, PS Audio xStream Prelude, Mark Grant DSP 2.5, Audioquest King Kobra, Audiotrak Glass Black

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    AoS looks fine on my HTC HD2 Windows phone too. What advantage does Tapatalk offer over normal web browsing? It looks like it's an iPhone thing only at the moment.
    There are some excitable threads on the Tapatalk forums asking for Windows mobile compatibility. I guess this will come eventually. Tapatalk have done white-labelled clients which are Windows mobile compatible (the XDA-Developers mobile forum have their own branded reader which is WM compatible) and the Android or Nokia tapatalk client (I can't remember which one) is basically a Webapp which wouldn't be difficult to port... but it's about developer bandwidth I guess. The iPhone app is a native one and the best developed; to be honest WM5 and 6 are obsolete now. any development would need to be Win Mo 7 compatible or it'd be a waste of time.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

MartinT Guest

There are an awful lot of HTC HD2 and HD2 Mini users out there, so WM6.5 is not obsolete yet. I'll swing over to the XDA forum and see what they have.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    WM6.5 is not obsolete yet.
    It's so nice to leave WinMo behind! Tapatalk is excellent - much quicker than the iPhone Safari browser for forums, and generally easier to use. And as for iPhone vs WinMo, don't get me started, the latter is just so terrible it's almost embarrassing I used it for so long!
    5-way digital active horns

MartinT Guest

Each to their own. I love WinMo 6.5 with HTC Sense. To me, the phone does everything I need including tight Exchange integration. I really don't like the Apple phones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123