+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dishwasher recommendations

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    Are you sure about that? ��
    The dishwasher will be cheaper....

As it is the Mrs that does the cooking when we have friends round, I feel guilty about making her do the dishes as well.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Con.

Hi cageyH . I am a cabinet maker ( installer) and I have installed 100's of d/w for my clients and yes MIELE are the best but you pay for it, personally i would go for BOSCH best value for money and just as good as Miele.

I'm Tony.

We switched to a Miele G6620 SC freestanding dishwasher a couple of months ago after the old Whirlpool heating element went (tripped the RCD each time it ran).

New machine is way better than the old Whirlpool we inherited with the house. Very quiet, cleans very well. Clever design of the baskets and cutlery tray. Just does the job well.

I'm Bill.

We've had a Miele for years and years and it's excellent - but if it's not too expensive, I'd have a go at changing the heater element. Have a look on YouTube, you'll probably find plenty of videos showing how to do it.

Cheers. Bill

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I would definitely go with the Miele, they are expensive but very good

I've not had a Miele dishwasher but do have their washing machine and tumble drier, they are both well over 10 years old and still work perfectly and if they break down the Miele service department is very good as well
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Mark.

As any hifi-nut knows the fact that someone produced a great unit 15 years ago doesn't mean they are producing great units now - though our German friends, to be fair, do in general seem to work on a continuous improvement basis.
    Just to be sure, read the latest reviews if you can find any, unlike hifi you are not going to be able to audition the equipment.

I'm Dave.

Len Co

Good tip - whether Bosch or Miele check performance of current models vs ones which are 15-20 years old. One previous machine lasted around 20 years, and we had it repaired once after which it went for a couple more years. The repair man said it was worth doing, as he said the new ones were not so good. We've had both Bosch and Miele - both good, but Miele definitely better and much quieter. Do also do the cleaning thing with descaling tablets etc. or even more radical cleaning. We've tried a large variety of dishwasher tablets - from the cheapest (Lidl, Aldi) which are good, up to the more pricey Fairy ones (Which recommmended). Fairy are definitely the best, but we don't use them all the time - as the cheap ones are good enough for a few washes of dirty pans etc., but the Fairy ones get classes cleaner and shinier, and things come out drier. However about 15p per tablet versus 5p or less. Miele is worth it, if you can afford it.

Some machines take a long while per cycle. The John Lewis branded models have a viable 30 minute cycle. Most models take only a cold input - but some people may want to have a hot input as well.
    Last edited by dave2010; 25-12-2017 at 16:25.
    Dave

I'm Kevin.

I have had the Miele G6630SC dishwasher for a few weeks now, and I am very impressed with how quiet it is.
    Hopefully it should last a while, as the water is relatively soft here.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I have had the Miele G6630SC dishwasher for a few weeks now, and I am very impressed with how quiet it is.
    Hopefully it should last a while, as the water is relatively soft here.
    Good o Kevin.. I love Miele stuff and as you say it's very quiet as well.. it might be rather expensive but it lasts well and Miele aftersales service is very good indeed
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12