+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BOSS v1.2

I'm allo.

Default BOSS v1.2

Hi to all,
    been a while...
    we've kept busy with new product releases, like our new BOSS with a few improvements!
    THD+N was improved by +1.5db
    Clocks were changed to the latest from NDK NZ2520SDA with better jitter specs (http://www.ndk.com/en/products/searc...0972_1433.html)
    Extra SMD film capacitor in the analog stage for better mid/hi frequency details
    Ability to feed power to the Boss only using a Type C USB connector (post the PDF file on power) or Boss + RPI from uUSB (or RPI) or Type C USB (on Boss)

Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Dave.

I am considering buying/trying a Boss V1.2. On paper it looks like it should sound better than my IQAudio DAC+, due to the master clock operation.

But I'm cautious because The Kali + Piano 2.1 combo I had sounded poor compared to the DAC+. On paper, it should have been better.
    (I was also very disappointed to not be able to get access to TI's PurePath Studio software and use the promised customisable filters . But that's another story).

I am encouraged by the V1.2 dropping the inductors versus the V1 and the Piano. I've never found these to help sound quality.

So, can anyone convince me that the Boss V1.2 is worth a try?

I'm Bill.

I was using an Iqaudio Dac Pro and then changed to the Boss V1.2.

I thought it was a big step up in sq, especially detail. If you power the Pi and Boss seperately, I use a splitter cable and an Ifi Ipower PSU things improve again.
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Dave.

Thanks for the reply.
    I have done quie a bit of experimenting with the PS and regs. The IQ DAC seems quite sensitive to how it's powered... once again, not logical, since the Pi supplies the IQ DAC via a switching reg.

+ Reply to Thread