+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible internet speed

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Cool. They both purchase their hosted services from BT Wholesale. IOW it’s only the customer facing side that differs.
    All (non cable providers) are reliant on BT's Openreach for infrastructure. What differentiates providers is their customer services. BT's are crap! Plusnet customer services are excellent!

Geoff

I'm Grant.

think talktalk have their own equipment in many places now
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    All (non cable providers) are reliant on BT's Openreach for infrastructure. What differentiates providers is their customer services. BT's are crap! Plusnet customer services are excellent!

Geoff
    Yes, the physical access infrastructure is Openreach the services however are BT Wholesale. BT made a mistake I feel when the wholesale part was spun off, I recall they where trying to reincorporate it back into Openreach, not sure how far they got.
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I would still ditch BT on principle alone. When things go wrong they and their call centre are useless. Give Plusnet a try!

Geoff
    I contacted Plus Net some months ago but they didn't want to take on my line, because they couldn't improve on the BT speed and said their service would probably be worse than BT.

All these service providers are probably good in their own way but when the customer is out in the sticks, it all changes.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Is there a satellite internet service that could work? We don't have Sky and have no interest there, so apologies for not knowing.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Dave.

I am hoping that with the promised BT upgrade, we won't need to investigate anything else.

I have no interest in streaming but I occasionally have a customer who wants to stream, so it will be nice to provide a connection. It would also be very good if we can do catch up TV as now we just sit and watch the spinning circle.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I am hoping that with the promised BT upgrade, we won't need to investigate anything else.

I have no interest in streaming but I occasionally have a customer who wants to stream, so it will be nice to provide a connection. It would also be very good if we can do catch up TV as now we just sit and watch the spinning circle.
    You should check out the websites that compare deals. I regularly change providers because you get a better deal when switching. BT more than doubled my monthly charges after the "joining deal" ended. I would not go back to them again even if they offered a good deal.

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Is there a satellite internet service that could work? We don't have Sky and have no interest there, so apologies for not knowing.
    Various mobile companies offer "unlimited data packages" though these have a limit on using the account as a "hot spot". I used to subscribe to the "all you can eat" data package on Three when it was £15 per month.

Geoff

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I contacted Plus Net some months ago but they didn't want to take on my line, because they couldn't improve on the BT speed and said their service would probably be worse than BT.

All these service providers are probably good in their own way but when the customer is out in the sticks, it all changes.
    Surprised.
    Assumed it would be exactly the same.
    Wonder if they have been told not to nick Mummy's customers ...
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Grant.

Default Terrible internet speed

If you get better than 3 mbs you will be able to stream with good hardware. About 5 is better. I get about 30. But used to stream with 3
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast