+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sony TA FA 7ES

I'm Robert.

Default Sony TA FA 7ES

I'm toying with the idea of a back up amp, in the wings if main amp ever needs the doctor

Anyone ever heard or had one of these Sony ES jobbies ? http://www.thevintageknob.org/sony-TA-FA7ES.html

Whats the sound like ?
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

Not heard one mate, how much are you getting for?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Not heard one mate, how much are you getting for?

Hi Oliver, not getting one to be honest just toying with the thought of a second amp / in the wings amp for if ever my beloved 919 needs the doctor.

Thing is if i did pounce I'd want a nice back up integrated like the 7ES or later 70 ES but having never heard one it remains just a thought and nothing more.

I've always been curious about the higher end ES Sony's

The TA FA777ES looks a peach but still commands big bucks
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

Ah I see. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with the Sony stuff for the money BUT I'd probably buy Angus's spare Sansui AU-D9 as back up. He's turbod it and when it was here it was very very good.

I'm Robert.

A back up amp is always gonna be hard when you've been spoilt with an AU-919, hence I havnt gone there yet
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Brian.

Robbie , I've had the Sony 670ES and the 770ES . Both were built like the proverbial 'battleship' .

These are very powerful amps and sound like it . They have plenty of detail but with a warm , lush , sound quality .

Other Sony amps to consider are this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-TA-F...gAAOSwUwFaOVOz which is again powerful , but with a leaner sound quality .
    It's little brother https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-TA-F...0AAOSwgkxZ02rW is also well worth considering , again with a leaner sound .

I'm currently using the Sony TA FB74OR which came up on local Gumtree at a very good price . I'm very pleased with it . It also has a very good headphone output . They do come with an MM phono input also .

The ES amps are now very popular and prices have risen steadily over the last few years . If you're keen on the ES amps German Ebay is the best place to look .

Please also note that if you like a remote , buy one which comes with one , as these can be very difficult to find later .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

I've had and heard a few Sony amps now. The TA-FA7ES is high up in a range that sees Sony winding down its efforts.
    The earlier ranges are streets ahead in both build and sound.
    As mentioned 670ES and 770ES are fantastic amps and so cheap for what they can do.
    If you fancy a good backup for beer money a Yamaha AX592 is a good one too. Mm/mc, 100w a side and separable pre and power sections.

+ Reply to Thread