+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: spotify control question

I'm gerald.

Default spotify control question

Is there anyway I can control spotify remotely .I connect my tablet to my passive pre via a cable but some days when my back is really playing up I cant get off the settee
    Is there any way of controling my tablet with my phone for selecting what tracks to play.I can control foobar when I connect my computer up with a app but want to control spotify from the settee.
    The tablet is a Samsung Tab A 10.1

I'm Sandro.

I have Spotify on the Laptop for £10 / £20 you can get a usb wireless mouse and keyboard mine is a Logitech and it works pretty well
    I am typing this from my couch

I'm Phil.

Hi Gerald,

A Chromecast Audio will perform that function, look into them, you can use with a dac or on its own, I use it on its own with a 3.5mm jack to stereo RCA lead, works extremely well.

All the best,

Phil
    CCA, Sony TA FB940R, Spendor S3/5r2.
    Quad 306, Tisbury, Rega Apollo CD.

I'm Grant.

spotify premium allows you to play music from any device and control it from any device. wont work without premium tho.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gerald.

cheers all new to Spotify and first time I started it up on phone and tablet at the same time and it give the option to listen on one and select tracks and control the second with it no volume remote only down side but well happy

I'm Grant.

not sure if the vc works across devices, but kinda thought it did. you will improve sound if you had a pc connected to your hifi dac, running the web player and use a tablet to control it
    Last edited by struth; 20-12-2017 at 09:48.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

If you start up spotify on the tablet plugged into the hifi, then start it up on your phone, it should give you the option to keep listening on the tablet or switch to the phone. leave it on the tablet and the phone will control it.

Alternatively, the chromecast will save you having to plug your tablet into the hifi and you could control it with the tablet and/or the phone..
    SBT/Chromecast/TEAC T1 into TEAC D-T1 DAC or olde-worlde Rega Planar 2 controlled by Rotel RC850 into HH S500D or DACT Passive Pre into Mullard 5-20 monos. Then into Tannoy Cheviots and a Wharfdale sub. All connected by colourful cables.

I'm Andy.

Get a Raspberry PI 3 with DAC (I use a IQaudio DAC+) With Volumio or Moode installed plus the Spotify app and away you go. Should cost less than £90 all in.
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
    Get a Raspberry PI 3 with DAC (I use a IQaudio DAC+) With Volumio or Moode installed plus the Spotify app and away you go. Should cost less than £90 all in.

I'm John.

Can you explain this in more detail? I don't understand anything about Rasberry PIs. Is the dac built in? If so can a PI transmit via Bluetooth? Does it have Wifi and can you download apps? (I use Deezer). Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast