+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling Naim pre amps - snaio or no snaic?

I'm Brook.

I sell a few things on ebay from time to time and I agree it can be a lottery when a buyer with unrealistic expectations raises an issue, whether you are in the right or not. Not long ago I sold a marble coffee table for my parents and the buyer came to Poole to collect from over Hastings way, even hired a van too. He was nice as pie during the collection but once home he raised a dispute saying it was not real marble, because the underside hadn't been polished he thought it was concrete! Anyway I scanned the original receipt which clearly stated it was marble and to my surprise I won the case, so ebay can and do side with sellers.

It sounds like you did nothing wrong and as the cable wasn't a part of the listing I would hope ebay will do the right thing and side with you on this.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    go round to his home and beat him remorselessly only joking... if cable was not included in sale then it wasnt included. in saying that you would have to have said that if it was in picture.
    That was my first instinct, but he lives abroad.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Offer the man a full refund of the purchase price, if he ships it back to you at his own expense, and you do not refund the original shipping. That is a very common practice on eBay. Unless you said you would pay for return shipping, it’s understood that you do not. Offering him a refund because he read your description wrong is amicable. This will go a long way towards appeasing the EBay gods. And chances are if he is faced with return shipping he will back down, and settle for leaving you bad feedback. Which you can contest later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeh, that's an option, but the guy doesn't reply to my messages, I think Ebay makes seller pay return and original postage these days anyway.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Yeh, that's an option, but the guy doesn't reply to my messages, I think Ebay makes seller pay return and original postage these days anyway.
    If he is the one not responding to messages, that makes him the bad guy to the EBay arbiters. They want more than anything for people to work things out, so if he is causing the issue let him take the heat. Perhaps he will just go away? He may not be happy, but he is definitely in the wrong. Even he should see that? As far as the shipping fees, I speak from previous experiences, but you may be right they are constantly changing their polices. Unless he can prove you sold him defective or incorrect items, I don’t see you being responsible for shipping. But that’s just me! Good luck with it, hopefully he will just go away.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I see he has already left you negative feedback Mike, nightmare..

I would hold firm with eBay as you made no mention of it including the cable, only the blanking plug, and as everyone else is saying the cable came with the power and not the pre

I definitely would not get him to return it to you and make sure eBay removes the negative feedback as well, they are normally pretty good especially as there was no mention of it including the cable
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I see he has already left you negative feedback Mike, nightmare..

I would hold firm with eBay as you made no mention of it including the cable, only the blanking plug, and as everyone else is saying the cable came with the power and not the pre

I definitely would not get him to return it to you and make sure eBay removes the negative feedback as well, they are normally pretty good especially as there was no mention of it including the cable
    Thanks Nina, I also have in my favour the fact that at the same time I sold a Nap 140 and stated in the description snaic and mains lead included. I can point Ebay towards info on the Naim forum stating what accessories come with what product, and pre amps never come with any cables, but power amps always have Snaics, its pretty clear really. But as others have said be prepared to take a hit, as Ebay and Paypal both seem to want to make Ebay as idiot proof as possible. I guess that's why the fees are so high. There was a guy on another forum who bought a pair of expensive speakers in what was clearly a scam, he seemed unconcerned as he was sure Paypal would refund him, they did.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    If he is the one not responding to messages, that makes him the bad guy to the EBay arbiters. They want more than anything for people to work things out, so if he is causing the issue let him take the heat. Perhaps he will just go away? He may not be happy, but he is definitely in the wrong. Even he should see that? As far as the shipping fees, I speak from previous experiences, but you may be right they are constantly changing their polices. Unless he can prove you sold him defective or incorrect items, I don’t see you being responsible for shipping. But that’s just me! Good luck with it, hopefully he will just go away.

I don't know what he wants as he doesn't respond, is it money off? Who knows, I'm guessing the 72 didn't live up to his expectations? He could get a flashback Snaic for £30! Thing is once a case is open only buyer or ebay can close it, and the money he paid for the amp is on hold, just as well I don't need it for the kids pressies at xmas! Oh hang on, I don't have kids.

I'm Geoff.

I'd keep pestering eBay personally. Drum the facts into them! Say you need a prompt resolution.

Have you spoken to them by phone? I've found them amenable and willing to listen to sense.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    I sell a few things on ebay from time to time and I agree it can be a lottery when a buyer with unrealistic expectations raises an issue, whether you are in the right or not. Not long ago I sold a marble coffee table for my parents and the buyer came to Poole to collect from over Hastings way, even hired a van too. He was nice as pie during the collection but once home he raised a dispute saying it was not real marble, because the underside hadn't been polished he thought it was concrete! Anyway I scanned the original receipt which clearly stated it was marble and to my surprise I won the case, so ebay can and do side with sellers.

It sounds like you did nothing wrong and as the cable wasn't a part of the listing I would hope ebay will do the right thing and side with you on this.
    Brook is right, if the cable was not part of the listing then the cable was not being sold. end of story.
    He is entitled to send the goods back to you and receive a refund, The procedure is he has to send the goods to you
    (and best if this is done with tracked shipping) once you have received the matter is then closed in that order.

As for negative feedback and lack of replies it does not bode well. Be assured eBay equally support you, in such cases
    just keep in touch with them to advise them of the effort you are making to do the right thing.

I'm Paul.

There has been some horror stories of overseas buyers iniating a claim and Ebay refuning them using the sellers Paypal account. I don’t know if this is still possible these days since Paypal and Ebay split. Did you get paid by Paypal?

If you haven’t already you may want to preempt the matter by phoning Ebay and eplaining the situation and then following up with an email with all the evidence that you have to hand that the leads are not supplied with the preamp. I have done this in the past and Ebay have been very helpful once I proved that the buyer was in the wrong. However, it can depend on whether or not you get a wally in charge of you case.
    ~Paul~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast