+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Selling Naim pre amps - snaio or no snaic?

I'm Neil.

Default Selling Naim pre amps - snaio or no snaic?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    I've got one as well :-) Brilliant dogs.

Ps Sorry for the thread hijacking.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    With the right owner and a loving family they are awesome, but they have immense power that needs to be respected. Staffies are just all round lovely dogs though, and bomb proof. One of my favourite breeds.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Mike.

More Ebay woe!! A different buyer has come back to me with the following message about some Naim 322 MM phono boards I sold, these worked fine in my 72 for years. Here's his message, can anybody tell what the issue might be?

'Your package arrived safely and well wrapped, and I installed the phono boards this evening.
    There was no problem installing them but when I switched the amp on with volume set to zero and phono selected I could hear a loud, repeating clicking sound.
    I raised the volume a fraction and the sound became very loud, like a repeated knocking.
    Checked the terminals, and everything was connected as it should be. When I removed the phono boards and turned the amp back on, the sound was gone and everything was normal. Tried it again, switching the cards, but exactly the same clicking sound.
    No music could be heard when connected to the turntable, just the clicking/banging.
    I've attached photos of the cards as they were installed just now.'

I'm Geoff.

Maybe he has a dodgy set and wants to send you those as 'returns'. Did you mark yours at all.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Maybe he has a dodgy set and wants to send you those as 'returns'. Did you mark yours at all.
    Did I mark them? No! Could the issue be elsewhere? As the cards worked fine for years.
    Edit post, mine had a green felt tip mark on each card, and solder marks in the middle where they were serviced, I have very clear pics on ebay.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    I have very clear pics on ebay.
    Ah. Should be OK then.

I'm Deleted.

In later 72s the second set of BNC inputs were configured as a line level - a couple of links had to be cut on the circuit board to make it back into a phono input.
    Account Deleted

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    In later 72s the second set of BNC inputs were configured as a line level - a couple of links had to be cut on the circuit board to make it back into a phono input.
    a-ha, that might be it, but I'm guessing he's using the first set 'phono' input rather than aux.

I'm Deleted.

I can’t remember, but both inputs may have been wired in this way. The jumper wires are just by where the boards plug in.
    Account Deleted

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I can’t remember, but both inputs may have been wired in this way. The jumper wires are just by where the boards plug in.
    Thanks, this must be the cause.

I'm Deleted.

They are about 8mm long and on the top surface of the mother board. They just need to be snipped and bent out of the way.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast