+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Selling Naim pre amps - snaio or no snaic?

I'm Adrian.

Don't get me started on the subject of Paypal, this September I brought a still boxed REGA RSD 2017 TURNTABLE (LIMITED EDITION) for £300.00 from a chap on evil bay, after several days and numerous emails to the seller asking when I could collect my much anticipated vinyl spinner, he informed me that he could not transfer his funds from his paypal account to his personal account. Two weeks later it turns out that paypal can hold on to your money for up to 180 days in case of disputes, the seller would not release the Rega until the funds were in his personal account so we agreed that he would cancel the purchase and refund my money and I would go and collect the Rega and pay cash . Now paypal are holding my money for 180 days and Im down £300 until April 2018 with no Turntable and in the dog house for spending £300. with nothing to show for it and Christmas looming.
    Rant over Merry Christmas guys.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by The crow View Post
    Don't get me started on the subject of Paypal, this September I brought a still boxed REGA RSD 2017 TURNTABLE (LIMITED EDITION) for £300.00 from a chap on evil bay, after several days and numerous emails to the seller asking when I could collect my much anticipated vinyl spinner, he informed me that he could not transfer his funds from his paypal account to his personal account. Two weeks later it turns out that paypal can hold on to your money for up to 180 days in case of disputes, the seller would not release the Rega until the funds were in his personal account so we agreed that he would cancel the purchase and refund my money and I would go and collect the Rega and pay cash . Now paypal are holding my money for 180 days and Im down £300 until April 2018 with no Turntable and in the dog house for spending £300. with nothing to show for it and Christmas looming.
    Rant over Merry Christmas guys.
    Something doesn't seem right there. There is no way Paypal hold money for 180 days. As far as I recall, the 180 days is for a buyer to make a claim within that time, so it's a bit like a 6 month warranty. Whenever Paypal have held funds in the past it has only been for a few weeks max (usually by the time the buyer has got the item and left feedback). Have you pestered them on the phone about this? A ''refund'' should not take 180 days to clear.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Yeh, that's an option, but the guy doesn't reply to my messages, I think Ebay makes seller pay return and original postage these days anyway.
    Mike,

Is that one of those vicious dangerous pit-bull-type dogs in your profile picture?
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    Mike,

Is that one of those vicious dangerous pit-bull-type dogs in your profile picture?
    Yes, she's been known to lick people to death.

I'm Ben.

Yes, she's been known to lick people to death.
    I've got one as well :-) Brilliant dogs.

Ps Sorry for the thread hijacking.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    I've got one as well :-) Brilliant dogs.

Ps Sorry for the thread hijacking.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Oh lovely, he's got the same spots on his skin than mine (female).

I'm Mike.

The guy finally replied to my messages today, and his tone is now completely different, he's conceded that snaics are not usually sold with pre amps, and apologised, obviously not the type to jump the gun........

I'm Geoff.

Ah. Good result.

I'm Mike.

Paypal account back in order, feedback revised. Phew. I blame his French hot headedness.

I'm Neil.

Paypal account back in order, feedback revised. Phew. I blame his French hot headedness.
    Nah, pat yourself on the back for handling it well.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast