+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reed 2G Tonearm Coming Soon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Hugo.

Default Reed 2G Tonearm Coming Soon

I've just ordered a 12" Reed 2G tonearm for demonstrations, effectively replacing the rather wonderful Reed 3P that worked so beautifully on my reference Kenwood KD-990 deck. The 2G has a more conventional horizontal bearing, compared to the magnetic system in the 3P, but it does share the twin vertical bearing system with the 3P. So, there is more of a mechanical connection between the arm tube and the supporting structure, compared to the 3P. My new demonstration arm is 12", with Cocobolo arm wand, and I have also ordered a spare headshell so that swapping between mono and stereo will be relatively simple. Prices are more reasonable than or the 3P and start at £2895 including VAT for the 9.5" version, with options for 10.5" and 12" arm wands, various wiring options, as well as Reed's usual selection of wood arm wands.

See http://www.reed.lt/products/all/reed-2g for technical details.

I'm Hugo.

The 12" Reed 2G tonearm should be here tomorrow, so available for demonstrations (by appointment) very soon. For those looking forward to the North West Audio Show in June, the Reed 2G will definitely be playing in my room.

Other additional highlights coming soon to Ammonite Audio:

• Modular Technics SL-1200 CNC-machined armboards
    • New Jelco TK-850 arms with 'knife edge' vertical bearings
    • New Jelco TS-550 arms which replace the SA-750 series
    • Ortofon SPU monaural cartridges, with a small selection of stereo SPUs too.
    • Hana moving coil cartridges

Please PM, e-mail or call to discuss any of these products.

+ Reply to Thread