+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Help with my Tannoys

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Glad you found the problem, yes, shocking workmanship, who ever did this should be ashamed!
    Paul will I am sure sort them out for you, they should then be at least as good as they were when they came from the factory, unless you ask him to do some upgrades while he has them, I know from speaking with Paul that there is at least one modification that he thinks is worthwhile doing on the SE versions, ask him about this when you have agreed to send them.
    Good luck with them.
    A...
    Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    Have spoken wth Paul at RFC - he will sort them out for me so will be shipping then out to him as soon as this Christmas lark is over with.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Glad you found the problem, yes, shocking workmanship, who ever did this should be ashamed!
    Paul will I am sure sort them out for you, they should then be at least as good as they were when they came from the factory, unless you ask him to do some upgrades while he has them, I know from speaking with Paul that there is at least one modification that he thinks is worthwhile doing on the SE versions, ask him about this when you have agreed to send them.
    Good luck with them.
    A...
    Yup they will be with Paul soon as. I cannot trust Tannoy. According to customer services they cannot provide replacement control panels (crossovers), only repair them - does this extend to drivers? I'm truly flummoxed by Tannoy - speakers the price of a house and zero be back up.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Lawrence.

When you bought these a few months ago weren't you concerned about the 2 tweeters being different colours? Did you pay PayPal in the end? I would contact the seller first to see what he says. He might have done the repair/upgrade himself. Is he on ebay, would be interesting to see what else he is selling, does it all look kosher?

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    Yup they will be with Paul soon as. I cannot trust Tannoy. According to customer services they cannot provide replacement control panels (crossovers), only repair them - does this extend to drivers? I'm truly flummoxed by Tannoy - speakers the price of a house and zero be back up.
    It is surprising. On the other hand if the previous owner had just left them alone I would bet they would have still been working perfectly a hundred years from now.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quite agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It is surprising. On the other hand if the previous owner had just left them alone I would bet they would have still been working perfectly a hundred years from now.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    When you bought these a few months ago weren't you concerned about the 2 tweeters being different colours? Did you pay PayPal in the end? I would contact the seller first to see what he says. He might have done the repair/upgrade himself. Is he on ebay, would be interesting to see what else he is selling, does it all look kosher?

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk
    Yes I was but I spoke to folks in the know who said this was not that unusual.

Don't know what you mean about PayPal...

It's obvious the guy tried upgrading the panels - all is working well now but they are going to Paul end of the month when I can bear to be without them.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects