I could easily have put this in the AV forum, or Digital Expressions but it covers all aspects so I thought it best in here.

I hooked up my new Xbox One X last night to replace my original Xbox One, it is currently hooked up to the following:

Tannoy Cheviot speakers

Pioneer VSX323 receiver (This and my Quad 33/405 will be replaced with a Quad Vena some time next year)

Panasonic VIERA TX-65CX802B

There is also a Freesat HD box, external hard drive and a USB stick with my .flac format ripped CD's.

I have the supplied high speed HDMI cable going to the TV and then the optical coming back from the TV to the amp.

I have everything set for stereo throughout the system.

Can I hear a difference between the X and the standard Xbox One, I would say yes, but not by such a difference that I wasn't happy with the standard Xbox One, currently listening to Fairport Conventions "Unhalfbricking" and it's a wonderful sound, its equally good on on both .flac and CD playback, I really can't fault this as digital music player, the sound on films/TV is great but that could be just down to using the Tannoy's instead of standard TV speakers.

I know a lot of audiophiles will not like this, but I really would suggest a trail run if you get a chance.

On to visuals, this is where the real difference comes in, superb is all I can say, I tried a 4k Blu-Ray and it's so sharp you could cut yourself, the same with watching 4K on Netflix there is a real difference between using the Xbox One compared to using Netflix natively on the TV, well impressed, then I tried HD and the difference is massive, the picture quality is enhanced by the Xbox One X and its only a tad off 4k quality, even SD channels are vastly improved.

Finally games, I am not a big gamer but I do enjoy the odd trip round Victorian London in Assassins Creed Syndicate with a bit of mindless slaughter thrown in for good measure, I got the Xbox One X with 3 free games and one is Assassins Creed Origins set in Egypt at the time of Ptolemy which is a 4k game, every games graphics were improved but the 4k one stands out, you really can see the difference.

But my first love is music, and I hadn't intended this route, when I joined here I was on the lookout for a decent CD player, almost by accident I tried the Xbox One and was blown away, and the Xbox One X is just taking that a step further.