+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheap dust remover for lp`s

I'm gerald.

Default Cheap dust remover for lp`s

I went to play a lp today it had been cleaned with my Moth rcm put it on deck to play there was a tiny spec of dust on the lp could not find my brush so I grabbed a bottle of compressed air used to train dogs one blast on lp was spotless even tried it on needle after playing a few lp`s a one second blast and needle was spotless if you try this make sure bottle is upright as if at a angle fluid can come out
    Go to pound land in there computer section they sell cans of compressed air for keyboards for a quid
    Dog trainer air spray is about six quid a can same effect with Poundland spray .

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    I went to play a lp today it had been cleaned with my Moth rcm put it on deck to play there was a tiny spec of dust on the lp could not find my brush so I grabbed a bottle of compressed air used to train dogs one blast on lp was spotless even tried it on needle after playing a few lp`s a one second blast and needle was spotless if you try this make sure bottle is upright as if at a angle fluid can come out
    Go to pound land in there computer section they sell cans of compressed air for keyboards for a quid
    Dog trainer air spray is about six quid a can same effect with Poundland spray .
    I have done this before and though it works the airborne dust just floats about ready to land again. It does blast dust well though
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I use an artist's squirrel hair brush to remove flecks that might have landed on the record whilst it is being played.
    Barry

I'm steve.

Carbon fibre cleaning brush clears and takes the dust away and reduces static, you can pick one up for a few pounds, I've had one for over 30 years and it's just as effective today as the day I bought it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread