+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should I/Shouldn't I? Jelco 750D upgrade to my M5G

I'm Chris.

Default Should I/Shouldn't I? Jelco 750D upgrade to my M5G

Hey folks,

Been a long time. I've been mulling over the idea of upgrading the arm on my M5G for the only reason being - that I find the Jelco pretty damn pretty.

I'm really on the fence here as it is extravagant and not really needed - but hey it would be a new toy.

What I have:
    Deck 1: KAB M5G (all KAB goodies) + Mike New Bearing + Isonoe feet. Pretty damn happy
    Deck 2: VPI Classic. Pretty damn happy.

Both decks on par.

Been shopping - and from MCRU I can get pretty much everything ~ 630USD (750D Grey, Collar, MCRU cable) - whereas via different ebay folks - it is about 624 USD. I like the Greece Armboard - likely stainless steel.

Questions:
    1) From videos - I'm 100% certain I can remove the factory arm and cable as one unit - which provides easy restoration - is this a correct assumption? I don't want to cut or desolder.
    2) MCRU tonearm cable or Jelco? I don't want to shell out big bucks for a cable - I just want a high quality shielded one.
    3) I love the M5G finish - and think the stainless steel armboard and grey collar/arm would be a nice contrast vs all black - what do you think?

Am I crazy?

Anyhow - not interested in any of the new Technics decks.

Thanks and happy holidays.

I'm Chris.

Discovered that MCRU is not a good seller - so I'll look at (if I do this) getting things separately and perhaps the http://www.audioorigami.co.uk/ cables.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by costerdock View Post
    Discovered that MCRU is not a good seller - so I'll look at (if I do this) getting things separately and perhaps the http://www.audioorigami.co.uk/ cables.
    In what respect? I have never had any issues using them.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    In what respect? I have never had any issues using them.
    Just finding out and reading about their ban from this site is enough for me. I can easily get everything somewhere else.

+ Reply to Thread