+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New toy

montesquieu Guest

Great cartridges, I had the Jubilee from this series, I think the B equates to the Cadenza Blue which is the nicest I've heard of the Cadenza series that followed it.

Ortofon have a few available in their 'treasure trove' of refurbished trade-ins - slightly too high compliance for my setup but ideal for many https://www.ortofon.com/mc-kontrapun...d-p-668-n-3450

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Great cartridges, I had the Jubilee from this series, I think the B equates to the Cadenza Blue which is the nicest I've heard of the Cadenza series that followed it.

Ortofon have a few available in their 'treasure trove' of refurbished trade-ins - slightly too high compliance for my setup but ideal for many https://www.ortofon.com/mc-kontrapun...d-p-668-n-3450
    Thanks for the info Tom. I agree, very good cartridge.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post

I was somewhat surprised but delighted to find out that the Kontrapunkt B does in fact work very well at the end of my FR-64S, defying the mathematics which indicates a combined resonant frequency that would typically be considered to be too low. But, it works!

I'm James.

Looks nice Oli. Quite a classic. How does it sound in your system?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Looks nice Oli. Quite a classic. How does it sound in your system?
    It sounds completely revealing and provides the wide soundstage i like. Big praise but only matched by the Ortofon Vienna. I'm sure the Vienna has a bit more bite but overall it's a great cartridge and could easily live with it forever. It delivers the natural resonance of strings in a way I've not heard since the Vienna. The Kontrapunt and Vienna are the best carts I've ever heard. Vienna 1st, Kontrapunt 2nd by a gnats knacker.

I'd love it to Boogie, just a tad more but that's being hyper critical.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    It sounds completely revealing and provides the wide soundstage i like. Big praise but only matched by the Ortofon Vienna. I'm sure the Vienna has a bit more bite but overall it's a great cartridge and could easily live with it forever. It delivers the natural resonance of strings in a way I've not heard since the Vienna. The Kontrapunt and Vienna are the best carts I've ever heard. Vienna 1st, Kontrapunt 2nd by a gnats knacker.

I'd love it to Boogie, just a tad more but that's being hyper critical.

Sounds like a keeper. What is the stylus profile on the Kontrapunt B?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Sounds like a keeper. What is the stylus profile on the Kontrapunt B?
    FG80 it does a great job.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    What do you use now?

I recently bought a secondhand MC Jubilee because I’ve always fancied one, and it’s superb. However, I’ve actually been using a Clearaudio MC Essence since the summer when I reviewed it, and this has proved a real eye-opener. I’ve always rated Clearaudio’s cartridges but this is a real giant killer.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I recently bought a secondhand MC Jubilee because I’ve always fancied one, and it’s superb. However, I’ve actually been using a Clearaudio MC Essence since the summer when I reviewed it, and this has proved a real eye-opener. I’ve always rated Clearaudio’s cartridges but this is a real giant killer.
    Oooh. I hadn't considered a Clear audio.

I'm Geoff.

I don't know why, but whenever Clearaudio cartridges are mentioned. Brinkmann spring to mind. Daft I guess!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast