+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My gear is covered in dust!

I'm Chris.

I hope it is not what I had once in a house with a cellar.

Everything would be covered in fine dust after just a day or so no matter what we did. A look in the cellar revealed the culprit: A massive 100KG fungus - hanging attached to a corner under the room. We were actually scared of it - it was just like a 50s SciFi film. I think we just stuck some heaters down there to dry it out and it fell off. The dust was spores.

Rodents in your roof area will create lots of fine dust and hairs which sprinke down into your house. Snakes are OK though.

But, you may be lucky and it's just the dog

I'm Geoff.

No fungus or rodents thankfully.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

The dust I have is staggering.
    My guess is the emulsion on the walls coming off in tiny fragments. Will speak to decorators about sealing the walls

Having 6 small dogs may be an influence too
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I think I may have cracked it.

Part of the problem at least. It's my electric shaver. I go in the 'den' and shave whilst using the PC. I'll bet that adds significantly to the dust.

Can't do much about the pooch though. I hoovered yesterday and there's dog biscuit crumbs and bits of fur everywhere again!
    Hoover the dog
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123